PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need some help installing soundcard Realtek HD

micdac
September 20th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Hello,
I just've install Ubuntu 10.04 now and trying to make my sound work. I've and Gigabyte E43 DS3L with Realtek HD Audio, anyway maybe the following link will be useful:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=d548bf06960cea3d1b4a4d2e8019b70f9f2868cb
I tried to follow the readme intstructions but I think I am missing something called Kernel Header since I got an error message after the compiling.
after sudo make i got following message:

copying file alsa-kernel/core/info.c
/home/michael/Desktop/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/utils/patch-alsa: 24: patch: not found
make[2]: *** [info.c] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/Desktop/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore'
make[1]: *** [dep] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/Desktop/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23'
make: *** [include/sndversions.h] Error 2
michael@michael-desktop:~/Desktop/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23$ ^C
michael@michael-desktop:~/Desktop/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23$

I've tried to install
sudo apt-get install build-essential kernel-headers-$(uname -r)but its also not working.

I would be happy about some help, thanks

update: I just would like to see SPDIF with my Realtek HD working.

soebbi
September 21st, 2010, 02:43 PM
I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 beta on a Sony Vaio S12V9E and I have same problem as you.

According to the SUPPORTED_KERNELS-file, the kernels used by Ubuntu 10.* are unsupported:

The alsa-drivers in this package are designed for the following kernels:

- Vanilla 2.6.29 or earlier
- Vanilla 2.4.31 or earlier
- Vanilla 2.2.26 or earlier

It's not guaranteed that they work with any newer version than above or modified kernels by distributors.

Maybe some brave soul is brave enough to dig into the code and have a look where it breaks?