PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] network problems with imaged drive

Z.K.
September 20th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I was wondering if I clone a drive, is there a way to not have the network MAC addresses of the original hardware stay with the image. I need a way to image a system and be able to put the drive on different, but identical hardware except for the MAC addresses of the Ethernet and wireless hardware.

Z.K.
February 20th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I was wondering if I clone a drive, is there a way to not have the network MAC addresses of the original hardware stay with the image. I need a way to image a system and be able to put the drive on different, but identical hardware except for the MAC addresses of the Ethernet and wireless hardware.

Okay, I guess I will just answer myself since I found something on the Internet while researching how to setup a tftp server. This link

https://www.icts.uiowa.edu/confluence/display/ICTSit/USB+Bootable+Clonezilla+PXE+server

describes a way to fix this problem so the current board's MAC addresses are the always eth0 and eth1. See Part 6.

I have not actually tried it yet, but it looks promising. Hopefully this will help someone else besides me as well.

:D