PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Dealing with panels when going from dual to single screen

Obfuscator
September 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I have a laptop. At home and at the office I hook it up to an extra monitor for extra screen space. When I do this I add some panels on the second monitor.

When I occasionaly use my laptop op the train, all my extra panels show up on my first screen, which get really cluttered.

If I delete the panels I have to recreate them when I connect my extra screen again.

Is there any way of configuring gnome so that you can easily recreate 'deleted' panels, or configure the extra panels to not show up unless the second screen is attatched ('lock panel to screen')?

Obfuscator
September 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
bump.

geoffm
March 1st, 2011, 11:39 PM
I have the same problem. It seems like most people who use dual monitor don't regularly switch to single monitor...

pafufta503
March 1st, 2011, 11:55 PM
i have the same problem as well. it would be very nice if when switching from dual to single monitor that the extra panels would be moved to a seperate workspace instead of crammed onto the laptop screen. it is annoying, but the dual-monitor setup solutions like xorg-edgers is sort of a compromise workaround and probably not the most ideal way of implementing dual-screen.