PDA

View Full Version : most amazing meal

sandyd
September 20th, 2010, 04:21 AM
what would be the most amazing meal you have ever had?
Mine involves strawberries... a lot of them... but no fork since I cant use one. (anything strawberry, really, I have a weakness for strawberry shortcake) :D

Warning, this thread may make you hungry!

Austin25
September 20th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I once had this really good prime rib a friend made.

devondashla
September 20th, 2010, 04:32 AM
a hamburger from a local fish restaurant.

if anyone reading this lives in San Antonio, go to "Shrimp Island" and get the angus burger.

Legendary_Bibo
September 20th, 2010, 04:49 AM
My dad used to be a professional chef and got his education from the Culinary Institute of America which is the most prestigious cooking school. Best meal would be a difficult choice. He did make a delicious Guacamole Blu Cheese and Bacon Burger recently for me when I had a lab that went to 10 p.m.

Its comparative description isn't allowed on these forums. :D

wilee-nilee
September 20th, 2010, 04:49 AM
I used to work in the restaurant business as a sauté cook I have had many great meals, all with silverware.;)

JDShu
September 20th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Not sure if its the best I've had, but amazing enough to come to my mind.

When I went arrived at Urbana Champaign for a student conference, it was late at night and our guides took us to a diner called Merry Ann's and recommended the specialty called the Diner Stack.

It was basically a heart attack on a plate, but it was amazing. Two eggs, two sausage patties on top of biscuites, hash brown topped with cheese, all covered in gravy.

k33bz
September 20th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Thats a hard one, mmmmmmm, a buffalo burger I have in Denver, CO or a Pot Boil in Port Aransas, TX

a hamburger from a local fish restaurant.

if anyone reading this lives in San Antonio, go to "Shrimp Island" and get the angus burger.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to look into it :)

andymorton
September 20th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Swordfish in Portugal. Heaven!

NightwishFan
September 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I have not been to many places however I have tried a lot of foods. My favorite by far is the Pierogi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi). Generally I fry them.

Khakilang
September 20th, 2010, 10:43 AM
You guys should try this. Beware its hot.

http://www.malaysiasite.nl/recipe5.htm

ubunterooster
September 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM
It's probably waffles...I know, waffles seem so ordinary but I still like looking at them and then eating them.

sandyd
September 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
bymp

Ctrl-Alt-F1
September 20th, 2010, 07:48 PM
A friend of mine once made me this angel hair pasta that had salmon and I think pine nuts (which I usually don't like) in some kind of yellowish sauce. It was the BEST thing I have ever eaten in my life. I wish I had kept in touch with her because I would love for my wife to know how to make that dish!

sandyd
September 20th, 2010, 07:50 PM
A friend of mine once made me this angel hair pasta that had salmon and I think pine nuts (which I usually don't like) in some kind of yellowish sauce. It was the BEST thing I have ever eaten in my life. I wish I had kept in touch with her because I would love for my wife to know how to make that dish!

your wife wouldnt be happy knowing that someone elses cooking is better than hers lol.

NCLI
September 20th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I've eaten in many fancy places, and both my father and uncle are very good chefs, but the best meal I've ever eaten was at Pepica's in Valencia, Spain.

If you ever go there, order the Garlic Prawns as a starter, and the Paella Pepica as the main course. It is incredible! The prawns are perfectly cooked and seasoned, not too hot, but still spicy.

The rice in the paella is soft, yet firm, and the various sea food on it is DELICIOUS.

And is isn't even that expensive!

Anyway, that's no. 1.

No. 2 has to be the fish I ate at Codfather in Cape Town, South Africa. It was amazingly fresh, and only fried for the absolute minimum of time it required in order to not be called raw. It was incredibly tender and tasty. Oh, and their Running Sushi was also the best I've ever had!

No. 3 would probably be the onion soup my uncle made on Christmas Eve three years ago. It's hard to explain, but it was just amazing. Even though I was very full at that point, I still emptied several bowls!

No. 4 would be my grandmothers frikadeller.

No. 5 the dorado's my father made on a barbeque at a camping site near Granada, Spain. Mmmmm...

Oops, this turned into quite a list xD

Cuddles McKitten
September 20th, 2010, 08:47 PM
The best meal ever is one eaten after an extended period of no or very little food -- especially if you've expended a great deal of energy in the days prior to eating it.

jshepherd
September 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Had many delicious meals but if were to be offered a last meal I'd go for a nice rib eye steak with fried onions and chips (fries to those not in UK). Oh, and with English mustard none of that weak stuff!!

Calash
September 20th, 2010, 09:50 PM
There it a Italian place near my house that makes the best Zuppa De Pesce I have ever had. Plates the size of platters.

They also serve Italian Egg Rolls filled with eggplant...to DIE for.

Making myself hungry just thinking about it.

wilee-nilee
September 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM

That looks very good, I love Thai, Vietnamese, and Indian cuisine, so I'm used to the heat. Never had true Malaysian cuisine before I will put that on my to do list.;)

TTanae
September 23rd, 2010, 12:48 AM
Butter chicken with basmati rice and samosas yum yum yum!!

slooksterpsv
September 23rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Alrighty here's a simple one, and how to make it, but its so good. Of course I like other foods, but this one is one of my favorites and just amazing every time (to me at least).

Macaroni and Cheese with Tomato Sauce -
Need:
1 pkg Elbow macaroni
1 pkg Shredded Cheese
5 small cans Tomato sauce (not paste, has to be tomato sauce)

Cook macaroni until tender, open all 5 cans of Tomato sauce, drain water off Macaroni (DON'T WASH OFF), put back in pan, put in cheese and mix, then pour in each can of tomato sauce and mix.

It's amazingly good. My momma makes it all the time. That with some chicken strips, mmmm good meal!

ticopelp
September 23rd, 2010, 02:19 AM
A Thai dish I ate in Minneapolis. It had several different kinds of shellfish, curry, and coconut milk. The taste was absolutely amazing. I'd take a beating to have a chance to eat it again.

buddyd16
September 23rd, 2010, 03:47 AM
My mothers roast beef, my mashed potatoes, and my dads asparagus.

roast beef covered in gravy with a bit of fresh hot horseradish, the mashed potatoes built up like a volcano with the gravy filled in and overflowing, maybe mix a bit of the horseradish in the with the potatoes too, the asparagus steamed and then set in a butter-bath and then sprinkled with salt and pepper.

I forgot my most important part for me each bit is enjoyed separately.

oh man now I'm hungry.

sandyd
September 23rd, 2010, 03:57 AM
what would be the most amazing meal you have ever had?
Mine involves strawberries... a lot of them... but no fork since I cant use one. (anything strawberry, really, I have a weakness for strawberry shortcake) :D
I still remember that time I brought a cake to school for my 18th bday.
Everyone had some, but we soon ran out of forks. There were only knives left. 3 of my friends decided to eat only with the knives. Me and the rest of my friends ran so that we would not see the mess that ensued. :popcorn:

sandyd
September 23rd, 2010, 03:59 AM
Not sure if its the best I've had, but amazing enough to come to my mind.

When I went arrived at Urbana Champaign for a student conference, it was late at night and our guides took us to a diner called Merry Ann's and recommended the specialty called the Diner Stack.

It was basically a heart attack on a plate, but it was amazing. Two eggs, two sausage patties on top of biscuites, hash brown topped with cheese, all covered in gravy.
not enough of a heart attack. THIS is -> http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/22/burger-king-selling-a-windows-7-whopper-in-japan/

or
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/03/01/pizza%20burger%201.jpg

I wonder how long im going to have to swim if I ate a quarter?

cj.surrusco
September 23rd, 2010, 04:02 AM
Anything that my mom makes.

JDShu
September 23rd, 2010, 04:13 AM
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/03/01/pizza%20burger%201.jpg

That is just disgusting o.O

mips
September 23rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Eish, to many good things out there. I love good food & wine.

Local Venison Carpaccio with thin slivers of Parmigiano-Reggiano, ground black pepper soaked (or drizzled) in fresh lemon juice & Balsamic vinegar.

My other favourite is Oxtail Ragout slow cooked in the oven for 8-10hrs or more. In future I will be trying out Heston Blumenthals recipe http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2003/nov/15/weekend.hestonblumenthal

Another favourite is Potjiekos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potjiekos) and the traditional SA Braai (BBQ), which reminds me Friday is National Braai Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braai#National_Braai_Day).

Also love pasta, Italian food is high on my list of nomnoms :D

cespinal
September 23rd, 2010, 10:14 AM
A nice, juicy steak just coming out from the coals. Fresh red snapper in the oven with onions, peppers and potatoes (had that last night). A whole Libanese or Syrian dish.

However, the most amazing flavours I have tasted came from thai, vietnamese and traditional sichuanese restaurants. Not a thing you would eat every day but it felt like plunging down a roller coaster with every bite.

formaldehyde_spoon
September 23rd, 2010, 10:35 AM
My dad used to be a professional chef and got his education from the Culinary Institute of America which is the most prestigious cooking school. Best meal would be a difficult choice. He did make a delicious Guacamole Blu Cheese and Bacon Burger recently for me when I had a lab that went to 10 p.m.

Its comparative description isn't allowed on these forums. :D
Sounds like heaven...
I really, really want to eat whatever he's going to make for you in college when you've been working for three days straight without sleep! :D

I want...:p:p:p:p

rockager
September 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
Kadhai Paneer and Tandoori Chicken (Indian dishes).

powerpleb
September 23rd, 2010, 01:07 PM
It's a hard question but probably a meal I had with my father in Greece. A whole Kalamari, a burger stuffed with tomato and feta, stuffed peppers and some sort of salad.
It was absolutely exquisite.