PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unclickable links in Gnote

ryu kun
September 19th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I have an essential problem with Gnote. Although a word is linked it is not clickable nor underlined. Basically there is not any sign showing that the word is a link. It looks like an ordinary word. However, when I select it then "Link" button becomes enabled and if I click to that button it takes me to the linked point.

I think it is a very basic problem but strangely I haven't found anything about it in my searches. Is this Gnote's normal behavior?

I have Ubuntu 10.04 and had this problem in both Gnote 0.6.2. and 0.7.2 (latest release).

ryu kun
September 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone?

Can any Gnote user at least tell me if he/she has the same problem?

LordDelta
July 11th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I have this problem as well.

Submit a bug?

Cheers.

vbm
September 27th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Same here, just started happening now.

I have been using gnotes as a contact manager of sorts. I have 3 notebooks (Contacts, Companies and Journal) with notes with the person's name, company name or date as header.

normaly I would repeat an entry 3 times under each notebook with varying degrees of detail where appropriate.

So I could have something like:

2011/09/26 [title under Journal notebook]

Spoke to Mr. xxx [linked] from company aaaa [linked] about this and that

Spoke to Mr zzz [linked] about opportunity on company ccc [linked]

then, under Contacts:

xxx [title]

company: aaaa [linked]
phone: 555-55-55

2011/09/26 [linked] spoke about this and that
2011/09/11 [linked] emailed about company ddd [linked]

and finaly, under companies:

ccc [title]

2011/09/26 discussed possible opportunity with mr. zzz [linked] from company eeee [linked]

The idea is to be able to quickly tract the contact history with a given person or company, while at the same time having a journal of sorts that I can track by date.

It isn't perfect but it has suited my needs until now.

I have about 12 companies, 9 people and 13 dates under these 3 notebooks, plus a number of notes under other notebooks. I have only 78 notes in total.