PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Weird access to evolution subfolder

kaspar_silas
September 19th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi,

Just discovered a strange issue with my evolution. I don't seem to be able to always navigate into sub folders using the directory tree on the left. More precisely I just cannot expand the tree as the little plus buttons aren't doing anything.

Well almost nothing I somewhat randomly discovered I can open any non responsive sub folder with the following procedure:

1/ Selecting any another folder
2/ Clicking "Send / Receive"
3/ Expanding one folder (other than the currently selected one)
n.b. I can't select the newly expanded sub folders at this stage or they vanish
4/ Clicking "Send / Receive" again

In other words I get one non accumulating expansion per Send/Receive pair. Weird, eh? Especially step 3 in which the sub folders collapse if I try and interact with them. Very quantum mechanical.

Anyway, so it is clearly not that serious but does anyone know what it might it. I checked the data and file permissions but that all seems okay and evolution doesn't print any warning to the terminal.

eltama
September 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
What version of Ubuntu/Evolution are you using?

I'm trying Maverick Meerkat and sometimes I cannot see my subfolders at all.

eltama
September 20th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I have filled in this bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/643446.

kaspar_silas
September 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
I am using:
Evolution 2.28.3
and OS
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS
2.6.32-24-generic

cheers for opening the bug.

eltama
September 22nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
I think the bug I am experiencing is a bit different because I don't see the arrow for the subfolders at all.
But maybe the same workaround works for you: try disabling and enabling the account.

kaspar_silas
September 27th, 2010, 05:41 PM
As my sub folders are not on the account but in the local computer I didn't think messing with an account would have any difference.

However I tried it and it now works. Not sure that was the solution but hey. Cheers

kaspar_silas
September 29th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Actually it turns out that wasn't the solution. It only seemed to work as changing the accounts led to the send/receive fix happening.

hutch120
October 11th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the tip, I've just started getting the exact same problem. Send/Receive allows me to expand a folder. Very strange, quite annoying.

Evolution 2.28.3
Ubuntu 64bit 10.04 LTS

kaspar_silas
February 9th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Incidentally this problem went away when I (accidentally) upgraded to the development version of Natty Narwhal. Possibly it was just the evolution upgrade.

Either way all is well now, for me anyway.