PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Thunderbird no longer uses space bar to page down in emails

ScottMinster
September 18th, 2010, 11:55 AM
There was a recent upgrade to Thunderbird 3.0.7 in Lucid. Before this upgrade, I could select a message in the message list and press the space bar to page down in the message pane. If I was at then end of the email, space would move to the next message (like "N" does).

However, since the upgrade, this no longer seems to work. Keys like "N" and "P" still work to move around messages (as do arrow keys), but space no longer moves down in the actual email, nor does it move to the next email if I'm at the end of the current email.

The space bar does work if I click in the actual message pane, essentially giving that widget focus. The other accelerators ("N", "P", etc) also still work. The only disadvantage is that it's harder to see what the current message is in the message list (the highlight is a light gray instead of blue).

Has anyone else noticed, this, or is unique to me? Interestingly, Thunderbird on my Gentoo box is currently at 3.1.1, and still works as expected. Maybe this is caused by something Ubuntu added to Thunderbird?