PDA

View Full Version : Youtube epic fail!!!

Vigh
September 18th, 2010, 09:20 AM
So anyway I tried to upload a video of my linux system onto youtube. There was no copyright breaches what so ever, just a simple Desktop recording of the linux system and some of my own music that I created myself playing in the background. Anyway the video says its live, but when I go to search for it and play it, it says THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED BY USER! when in actual fact it hasn't! EPIC FAIL! I have since deleted my account.

howefield
September 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the little story, but in the absence of a support request, thread moved to Cafe.

Spice Weasel
September 18th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Whenever I upload something in ogg format, I get a nice blank green screen with artifacts on it and low quality sound. Have to use MP4.

dinamic1
September 18th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Whenever I upload something in ogg format, I get a nice blank green screen with artifacts on it and low quality sound. Have to use MP4.

and the strange thing is that it plays fine on totem.

Lucradia
September 18th, 2010, 10:40 AM

Yes, before the h264 battle and the new UI for their player, youtube allowed nice uploads of OGV/G files to their site without ANY issues whatsoever. Another problem on Windows is that Xfire AVI (Raw un-compressed) cannot be uploaded to youtube, youtube will reject encoding/processing it.

lovinglinux
September 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM

That is not an YouTube problem, is ogg/recordmydesktop on Lucid that is broken. On my machine it doesn't even play before converting to something else.

Spice Weasel
September 18th, 2010, 11:30 PM
That is not an YouTube problem, is ogg/recordmydesktop on Lucid that is broken. On my machine it doesn't even play before converting to something else.

Uh what?

1. The videos aren't screen recordings.
2. The videos play fine in MPlayer.
3. I don't use Lucid.

Dustin2128
September 19th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Yes, before the h264 battle and the new UI for their player, youtube allowed nice uploads of OGV/G files to their site without ANY issues whatsoever. Another problem on Windows is that Xfire AVI (Raw un-compressed) cannot be uploaded to youtube, youtube will reject encoding/processing it.
hm, all my stuff is uploaded in OGG, some of it is recorded with recordmydesktop, and I've never noticed a problem, I checked 3 seconds ago and they still work just fine. It is not youtube pushing the h.264 format, because google opened up WebM for the very reason of replacing it months ago.

Giant Speck
September 19th, 2010, 02:29 AM
This one time, something didn't work on my computer, so I destroyed it with a sledgehammer. I figured that if I continued using my computer, I might have actually fixed my problem. I couldn't let that happen.