PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Windows 7 through Ubuntu.

HydraxFFx
September 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Is it possible to mount and install a Windows 7 ISO through Ubuntu? If so how exactly would you go about it? I have my Windows 7 ISO named "Windows 7 Ultimate.iso" but I am unable to mount the image and install it. Also I am not good at all with the terminal so if you could be super specific with all the code that has to go into the terminal, it would be a great help. A quick Google search revealed that apparently you can, and this is exactly what I need, but I still cannot get it to work. http://ubuntuguide.net/how-to-install-windows-7-from-ubuntu-without-burnning-a-disc

To be clear I want to install Windows 7 over Ubuntu if that is possible, but if not I want to install Windows 7 on a separate partition. Thank you very much in advance if you are able to help me out!

wilee-nilee
September 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Is it possible to mount and install a Windows 7 ISO through Ubuntu? If so how exactly would you go about it? I have my Windows 7 ISO named "Windows 7 Ultimate.iso" but I am unable to mount the image and install it. Also I am not good at all with the terminal so if you could be super specific with all the code that has to go into the terminal, it would be a great help. A quick Google search revealed that apparently you can, and this is exactly what I need, but I still cannot get it to work. http://ubuntuguide.net/how-to-install-windows-7-from-ubuntu-without-burnning-a-disc

To be clear I want to install Windows 7 over Ubuntu if that is possible, but if not I want to install Windows 7 on a separate partition. Thank you very much in advance if you are able to help me out!

Burn it to a dvd or load a thumb and just install it. MS has a thumb loader just for W7.

HydraxFFx
September 17th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Normally I would, but I don't have any blank DVD's, only blank CD's which are 700MB and not enough.

uRock
September 17th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I have never heard of MS selling and distributing ISOs via the net.

For help with Windows, please visit a MS forum.

Thread closed.