PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution mail notification

nadino
September 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Hi all,
I'm trying to get mail notification to work with Evolution (Lucid Lynx). With the standard version (2.28.x?), there was an option in the settings offering to play a sound/display a different icon upon arrival of new mails- however, that did not work. The appropriate plugins were installed. There were new mails, but the icon didn't change and no sound was played. I updated to 2.30.3, to no avail. It simply won't work. I feel I've already invested a little too much time to solve what I think should work out of the box; isn't there a simple fix?

Thanks,
Nadino

hrickh
September 18th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Hi all,
I'm trying to get mail notification to work with Evolution (Lucid Lynx). With the standard version (2.28.x?), there was an option in the settings offering to play a sound/display a different icon upon arrival of new mails- however, that did not work. The appropriate plugins were installed. There were new mails, but the icon didn't change and no sound was played. I updated to 2.30.3, to no avail. It simply won't work. I feel I've already invested a little too much time to solve what I think should work out of the box; isn't there a simple fix?

Thanks,
Nadino

Since you've upgraded to 2.30.3, you also need to make sure your evolution-indicator is upgraded as well. I don't know about sound... don't use that myself.

R.
==

nadino
September 18th, 2010, 09:40 AM
evolution-indicator is up to date; that doesn't seem to be he problem.

Thanks anyway.

islandBilly
May 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Since you've upgraded to 2.30.3, you also need to make sure your evolution-indicator is upgraded as well. I don't know about sound... don't use that myself.

R.
==

The sound notification is what I particularly want. The setting indicates that it thinks it is doing an audio notification, but it isn't. Any ideas?