PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] "Customized Application Launcher" removed?

pksings
September 17th, 2010, 02:09 AM
The "Customized Application Launcher" function is no longer in my "Add to Panel" Window. Nor do I have the ability to "edit" existing launchers anymore.

Is this a feature or a bug? I am sincerely hoping it's not a feature, it's a "look for a different window manager" kind of feature if it is. I don't have a launcher for Firefox and can't create one. (I probably can by hand editing some config files somewhere but I have no idea which ones). And I'm not inclined to do so. I had it up until my most recent updates, 30 minutes ago.

Thanks in advance..

(update)It's running Lucid, AMD64. I have three other Lucid boxes and none of them acquired the same issue after updates so I now believe it to be something with this machine. After rummaging around for a few hours I have not found the fix. Can someone please tell me the program(s) that are responsible for this? That would at least point me in a better direction than I have now.And oh yes, I have logged out, rebooted and re-installed a few things with no change.

And..to make it more interesting. When logged in as root I HAVE this functionality, so it's something peculiar to this user profile.

Thanks again in advance

(Final update)
No answer. I gave up, made myself a new homedir, copied everything but .gnome and its subtree and a few other .subdirs and the functionality is back. I have no idea what fixed it, or broke it for that matter. But this is a valid workaround, worked for me..

PK

drs305
September 17th, 2010, 02:14 AM
It would help if we knew which release you are using. You can add that to your profile via the User CP link at the top left of the forum page if you wish.

The custom launcher option still available to me in Lucid. You might try just logging out or rebooting and see if it returns.