PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound problem with Ubuntu 10.04 in desktop computer

Edu Camargo
September 16th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Hello guys,

The situation here goes as follows:

I'm trying to run Ubuntu via the live CD with the Orca screen reader enabled, so I can install the system on my desktop. What happens is that no sound comes from any device.
I have an Asus m2n-SLI and this board already has built-in sound that is already enabled in the BIOS. Besides I have also an M-Audio Delta Audiophile2496 which I've presumed for some reason it wouldn't be detected, so after installing the system I'd go look for a driver on Linux, so I relied on the built-in sound card. For security, I left the mixer on, hoping I'd hear sound being monitored via the Delta card.

No sound can be heard from any of the cards, and all possible volume controls are there available for manipulation and showing themselves positive and negative as if it was possible to hear. I also tried running the alsamixer app without any success.

Any advice on this subject will be very, very appreciated. Preferably the most flexible solution for a new linux user like me.

Thanks so much for any given help.

Peace,

Edu Camargo.

Edu Camargo
September 20th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Oops! It's been a wile since I've posted, so I'm just trying to bring the situation to the front. Hope you guys can help me on it.

Thanks again for your support.

Peace,

Edu.