PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a degree in IT...

redfox1160
September 16th, 2010, 02:32 AM
If you have a degree in(or major in) Information Technology, do you think a minor in Computer Science would be helpful? I am considering this, and I was just wondering what other people thought about it.

smellyman
September 16th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Can't hurt.

but coming from a guy who has been in IT for 15 years and done a lot of hiring, it still comes down to experience and whether you like the candidate. True for many professions

v1ad
September 16th, 2010, 02:52 AM
i am qualified for IT, but going to school to get a degree in CS, i think it is a better route. but to answer your question, i would take that minor, Programming helps just about in any technology field.

it does still come to experience, but some people have to start somewhere.

Mark Phelps
September 16th, 2010, 02:00 PM
If you have a degree in(or major in) Information Technology, do you think a minor in Computer Science would be helpful? I am considering this, and I was just wondering what other people thought about it.

I have a BS in IT and a MS in CS. I've found the CS Masters to be one of the best investments I ever made. Opened doors for me. Enhanced my chances at leadership roles. Gave me extra points when competing for senior technical positions.