PDA

View Full Version : Acer aspire one A150 trackpad stopped working X issue

danielsbrewer
September 15th, 2010, 08:29 PM
When I boot up my Acer aspire one A150 the trackpad doesn't work any more. This started a few days ago. The pointer just stays in the centre and doesn't move. Any ideas how to debug this etc. Is it an update to x.org?

If I press FN-F7 (which is suppose to turn the trackpad on and off) a notification comes up that it has been turned off. If I then reboot I can use the trackpad for a couple of seconds while everything is loading, but then it stops dead. If the trackpad is "on" when I reboot you can not use the trackpad at any stage of the process. So at least it is a software problem. So it is like something in UNR is overriding the underlying state of the trackpad, so if the underlying state is off then UNR thinks it is on but it doesn't work, but if the underlying state is on then UNR thinks it is off and turns it off. Help!

Full disclosure: I posted this in the hardware forum a couple of days ago when I thought it was a hardware problem, but when it was proved that it was a software problem I thought this forum would be a better place for it.

----EDIT----
Some more information. On the login screen the trackpad works fine. If I create a new user called test, the trackpad works fine. So it is only with my main user.