PDA

View Full Version : Coloring pictures with small color picture hint

buixuanduong1983
September 15th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Hi, I am looking for some coloring picture for my daughter. I can find many, but all of them are only black and white, and the child have to decide which color to use. I am looking for picture that have a small color picture of itself on the corner like a hint. I try all I can with google, but cannot find anything like this. Just thinking maybe I can use GIMP to change a colored picture to black and white, then add with the colored one. Thanks in advance.

earthpigg
September 15th, 2010, 06:18 AM
you could probably do that in gimp.

you could probably do it quicker in kolourpaint or one of the many other more basic image editing tools.

Legendary_Bibo
September 15th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Give me an image, and I can do it.

buixuanduong1983
September 15th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks, I can do it with GIMP, because I feel more comfortable with it. Now I'm searching for such kind of picture with simple color (4, 5 colors) and do one by one :-). Would be more pleasuse to have a website already made it. I wonder how we teach children to draw when they are still young, without that hint, but maybe in this forum there's not many mother, only father and going-to-be-father :-)

Legendary_Bibo
September 15th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Color by numbers?

Or what you could do is take a coloring book image, add a transparent layer. Remove the white, make a new white layer and color in lighter pastel colors of the colors that go in each space on the white. Gimps' fill thing is weird. People told me you can mess with the threshold, but I have yet to find that. There's also the paths tool which can help to create your own image.

buixuanduong1983
September 15th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Here, what I want is like this. 2 things I do:
- find a website with such that color picture, should be very simple picture, not much color, small things... Not very easy...
- remove color but still keep the sharp of the picture. I see kolourpaint work greet, because GIMP Image/Mode/Indexes... also remove some part of the sharp. Don't know yet any other simple step to do, still trying...

buixuanduong1983
September 15th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I cannot find any picture like that. Now I change to plan B:
- Download normal black and white coloring picture, resize and add it with the origin picture.
- Color the smaller picture! I have to become a child, playing with the picture! :-)

NMFTM
September 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Oh no, the alligator/dolphin is going to eat the monkey!

September 15th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hello.
I don't know if this is what you are looking for:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1568011&highlight=Coloring+pictures

Post 5 by Jazzy_Jef gives a link to a site that has pictures and a lot of other helpful things.
I hope this helps.

buixuanduong1983
September 15th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks 101011010010, that's exactly what I'm looking for! I tried to change image mode to index, but part of the border also disappeared. Now with the Filters/Artistic/Cartoon, things look 10 times better.

Sporkman
September 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I have some tools on my website that you could try as well - see sig. Navigate over to the "image processing" section.