PDA

View Full Version : Install Problem

jmcmaste
September 15th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I new to Linux and have a Windows background.

I'm attempting to install Ubuntu Netbook Edition to my netbook Asus EEE 1000HP that has an RC of Windows 7 installed currently.

I downloaded from http://www.ubuntu.com/netbook/get-ubuntu/download and followed the instructions, exactly. (used the Universal USB Installer to create the bootable usb)

The first download and bootable USB I created yielded the freeze on the Ubuntu status dots. I downloaded a fresh iso and created a new bootable USB and was able to boot from the USB (Live CD method).

I was able to connect to my home network and view this forum within Ubuntu. Awesome, so I thought...

Then I clicked on the icon "Install Ubuntu Netbook Edition 10.04" and the screen greyed and it began to load the language selector form but then instantly disappears and nothing else happens... Frustration!

I then tried to install directly from the usb without starting a live cd session and I get the same result (ubuntu splash screen loads and then the language form appears and then disappears to the purple background with arrow curser and the usb drive stops flashing).

Is it a Windows 7 interaction?
Do I have another bad bootable?