PDA

View Full Version : Home finance/budget software ?

Mobidoy
September 14th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Hi again,

I have search around and seen some software for home finance/ budget/ monthly planning but, I am not sure which would be the right one.

My wife is still on Window$ and I have both but ubuntu is my 1st choice so, is there something out there simple for income/expense planning that would also work on Win7 or could let me make a report to sent to my wife (email or network), that is free.

GnuCash seem more for small business.
MoneyDance is free for 100 transactions then, about 50$

Those 3 are the next I will have a look at:

Grisbi
HomeBank
KMyMoney

Anyone has recommendations ?

Glenn nl
September 14th, 2010, 06:33 PM
WXbanker is nice.

pwnst*r
September 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Mint.com

gillmt
September 14th, 2010, 08:06 PM
KMyMoney - easy to use and better than M$ Money I think.

Mobidoy
September 15th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Mint does not have my bank yet (National bank canada) so, cant use it for now.

For WxBanker and KMyMoney, will need to work them a bit and understand what I have to do :) I am having issues with some English terms (french). Also, I dont know yet if there is a way to share the info to my wife on Win7 with them.

Keep the suggestions coming in :)

GMU_DodgyHodgy
September 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM
JGnash.

It can handle multiple concurrent users. Is written in Java but the GTK theme fits perfectly in Gnome desktop. It is actively managed and developed and has a great easy to use interface.

Tibuda
September 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I use GnuCash even for my personal finances, but I can see how it can be confusing for someone without knowledge in accounting and the double-entry system.

donkyhotay
September 16th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I use gnucash for my personal finances. It takes a bit of learning but it's really good once you get used to it.

agent.vasylp
December 4th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Try DueMon CashAllot. This is online service at http://unixdime.com
I believe this is exactly what you need.
You may use it either for free in trial mode or for small monthly fee in service mode. Trial mode is fully functional and has no time limit.
By the way, the system supports agent to client references, so input my reference 'vasylp' while register and we both will receive system rewards after your deposit.
If you promote this service to others you may receive agent rewards. Then you may either use it for services or redeem it to get ready cash.
If you have any questions just shoot me a message to: agent.vasylp@gmail.com

frankl6910
December 9th, 2011, 01:15 AM
You may use it either for free in trial mode or for small monthly fee in service mode. Trial mode is fully functional and has no time limit.
By the way, the system supports agent to client references, so input my reference 'vasylp' while register and we both will receive system rewards after your deposit.
If you promote this service to others you may receive agent rewards. Then you may either use it for services or redeem it to get ready cash.
I used Quicken on Windows for my personal finances, but use GnuCash in Ubuntu 11.10. Exported qif files from Quicken, and imported them into GnuCash. Took a while to get used to the double-entry bookeeping, but as DONKYHOTAY says above "It takes a bit of learning but it's really good once you get used to it.".

markbl
December 9th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Been using kmymoney for my personal and business accounts for about 5 years and still think it is fantastic. It is probably my killer app for which I could never move away from linux. Used Quicken for 5 years before that and gritted my teeth everyday using it. I still dance with glee when I toss the advertising junk Quicken still send me into the bin.

unixdime
April 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM

DueMon CashAllot now is absolutely FREE application.
For new user's convenience on Home Page there are "How to" video series based on life examples where it is explained in details how easy to manage money with DueMon CashAllot, organize bills, and create complete plan of future payments for bills, credit cards, loans and all other payments.
Hope this software will help you, guys, to cope with all your bills and payments.
Good luck with DueMon CashAllot!