PDA

View Full Version : wow profession question

sxmaxchine
September 14th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Hello i just made a secondary character in wow. I have made a priest and i wanted it to learn tailoring which it now knows. Now that i got that i have another profession that i can choose. If i choose enchanting will i need another profession to back it up if so what is it.

Also if you play on the realm thaurissan then my mains name is Maxibonbits and feel free to say hi.

mendhak
September 14th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Skinning will supply you with the materials you need for tailoring. But no matter what profession you choose, you'll always find that (for some higher level recipes) you need materials that other professions can produce. That's how the in-game economy runs, you buy and sell materials that you and they will need.

But the way a lot of people do it is to spread the professions across several characters. For example, later in your tailoring profession, you'll need gems and potions - you either buy those on the AH or you get other alts to mail it to you. I've got a scribe that often needs herbs, the herbalist being my alt.

Not playing WoW at the moment, waiting for Cataclysm though :D

sxmaxchine
September 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Ok thanks and my main does herb and alchemy, and my friend does minning and blacksmithing

mendhak
September 15th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Hmm, you'll probably want to level up the alchemy as fast as you can, the only pots that sell are for raids. BUT! Spare herbs do sell quite well.

Lightstar
September 15th, 2010, 11:31 AM
You could be a gold seller.

I hear that profession pays well

themusicalduck
September 15th, 2010, 11:36 AM
You don't really need another profession to backup enchanting in particular. As part of having enchanting you have the disenchant ability so that you can get enchanting materials from items (weapons/armour).

Occasionally you do need extra materials like gems, but for the most part you just use the materials you get from disenchanting.

Enchanting and tailoring won't get you much gold >.< they are good for improving your character though.

roddie
September 15th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but can you run WoW in Ubuntu or are you playing it on a different machine?

Johnsie
September 15th, 2010, 12:20 PM
You can use it with Wine or a VirtualBox machine. Performance may not be as good though as a native Windows system. I might have to start playing that game again. It would be cool if they made world of Starcraft ;-)

sxmaxchine
September 17th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I play wow on windows. i have got it working on wow but the performance is not very good thanks to ati's terrible drivers.

And my main paladin is an alchemist with herbalism skills about 370 for both.

I made my alt with tailoring and enchanting, also if you get the enchanting up high on my realm the enchanting scroll things sell for a lot of gold.