PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] VirtualBox/ 10.04/ XP

tpprynn
September 13th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I've been tinkering with VirtualBox for the first time in the last day. I installed XP inside it, and briefly Windows 98 which didn't work so well.

I put a pile of things on a CD to listen to or install in XP but I wondered if it's possible to just drag some files through from Ubuntu, preferably while the XP machine is running, just like if you mount a separate partition's operating system when running Ubuntu on its own?

Thanks.

3Miro
September 13th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I've been tinkering with VirtualBox for the first time in the last day. I installed XP inside it, and briefly Windows 98 which didn't work so well.

I put a pile of things on a CD to listen to or install in XP but I wondered if it's possible to just drag some files through from Ubuntu, preferably while the XP machine is running, just like if you mount a separate partition's operating system when running Ubuntu on its own?

Thanks.

Go to the virtual box web-page an download their manual, it is long, but very well written and you only need to read relevant sections.. The read on how to make a "shared folder". That is a folder that both Ubuntu and XP can access simultaneously.

snowpine
September 13th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I believe you are asking about "shared folders" and the answer is "yes."

http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html#sharedfolders