PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installed 10.04.1 On MSI Xslim X600 dual boot w/ Win 7

spr18
September 13th, 2010, 12:19 PM
FYI... Installed 10.04 on an MSI Xslim X600 yesterday.

The System:
Intel Centrino 2 Solo 1.4ghz
4 GB Ram
320 HD

It feels like an out of the box computer. I have had no hiccups so far. Graphics work great. Both USB ports are completely recognized. All installs seem to work flawlessly with laptop. Windows seven made the computer real sluggish. Ubuntu runs faster and cleaner. I have not noticed the lag at all. Bluetooth was recognized immediately. I have done nothing to tweak the machine.

Donalt2010
September 13th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Im running it on an MSI CR610 with near enough same specs only ive Athlons dual core m300. Runs like a dream, only i totally removed windows all together. I had a few hiccups at the start with regards to my wireless not working but its all ironed out now.

arobase40
January 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hi,

Just finished a Lucid 10.04 Netbook Edition installation on a 100GB partition and it's simply FANTASTIC !!!
The simple little problem is Hibernate function. When I wake up the laptop it returns to the the grub menu and not to my Desktop...
Do you know how to solve this problem ?

Forgot to mention : I dual-boot with Windows 7 x64 pro.

arobase40
January 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Hi,

Just finished a Lucid 10.04 Netbook Edition installation on a 100GB partition and it's simply FANTASTIC !!!
The simple little problem is Hibernate function. When I wake up the laptop it returns to the the grub menu and not to my Desktop...

EDIT : sorry for the double post. I had a network problem...

arobase40
January 19th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hi,