PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good laptop?

TriBlox6432
September 13th, 2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/vostro-v13/pd#TechSpec

What does Centrino-M mean and what's it good for? Is it equal to a core 2 duo? What's the clock speed?

jerenept
September 13th, 2010, 12:20 AM
this is really not a question without some background info.

Centrino-m s are not=core2duo. the centrino uses less power, makes less heat and is slower (usually)

RedHat ubuntu? ???

perspectoff
September 13th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I just got a new laptop with the Neutrino processor.

I think is is made by Quark computers. Unfortunately, it is so fast that I can barely see the results flick by on the screen. It mostly looks black to me. "This is normal", said the man who sold it to me. "Just be assured it is working at nearly the speed of light."

Fortunately, it is powered by cosmic rays, so I don't even have to plug it in. "It's one of our greenest computers for this reason!" the salesman says.

Apparently the Quark Neutrino laptop has been used to study supernovae, and I guess the guy who supposedly invented this nifty little computer, a guy named Pauli something, was able to clear up all sorts of confusing mathematical problems when he invented the Neutrino.

I think the guy says there are three versions of the processor: Neutrino-Tau, Neutrino-Muon, and Neutrino-Electron. I went for the most expensive one because the guy says more of these are hitting the streets every day (so they must be the most popular).

jerenept
September 13th, 2010, 12:41 AM
I just got a new laptop with the Neutrino processor.

I think is is made by Quark computers. Unfortunately, it is so fast that I can barely see the results flick by on the screen. It mostly looks black to me. "This is normal", said the man who sold it to me. "Just be assured it is working at nearly the speed of light."

Fortunately, it is powered by cosmic rays, so I don't even have to plug it in. "It's one of our greenest computers for this reason!" the salesman says.

Apparently the Quark Neutrino laptop has been used to study supernovae, and I guess the guy who supposedly invented this nifty little computer, a guy named Pauli something, was able to clear up all sorts of confusing mathematical problems when he invented the Neutrino.

Um...... What? are you trying to be funny?

perspectoff
September 13th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Um...... What? are you trying to be funny?

It's educated humour. You probably wouldn't understand.

Legendary_Bibo
September 13th, 2010, 12:49 AM
It's educated humour. You probably wouldn't understand.

Oh snap!