PDA

View Full Version : MS to block incoming referrals from Linux sites?

ST3ALTHPSYCH0
September 12th, 2010, 09:47 PM
So I was on one of the many forums I frequent the other day and caught wind of something in the sites inbuilt chat (just wish I could remember which site it was... :( ).

Allegedly there has been a leak from someone high up in Microsoft's ranks that Microsoft is planning to block all incoming referrals to their site from Linux supporting sites. I can't find anything about this leak on Google, but the scuttlebutt was that this source was saying that links from Linux sites tend to have a negative connotation that Microsoft would rather not have.

Thoughts?

wojox
September 12th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Fud

Bachstelze
September 12th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Probably rubbish.

pwnst*r
September 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM
^Those.

Dr. C
September 12th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Source?

Tibuda
September 12th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Source?

(just wish I could remember which site it was... :( ).

:)

tgalati4
September 12th, 2010, 11:56 PM
That must be why my browser constantly makes that noise:

BING!

YuiDaoren
September 13th, 2010, 01:10 AM
That must be why my browser constantly makes that noise:

BING!

Ah, I see you have the machine that goes "BING".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc

Yownanymous
September 13th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I wouldn't put it past M$. They're definitely afraid of the power of Linux and FOSS.

handy
September 13th, 2010, 01:31 AM
If it ever came to that, it is already easy to get around by using one of a variety of Firefox add-ons that solve the problem.

I wonder about the legality of such a position also?

If all of the internet servers running on Linux systems chose to block anything going to MS, MS would be in a strange kind of denial of service situation. lol

FuturePilot
September 13th, 2010, 01:34 AM
If it ever came to that, it is already easy to get around by using one of a variety of Firefox add-ons that solve the problem.

I wonder about the legality of such a position also?

If all of the internet servers running on Linux systems chose to block anything going to MS, MS would be in a strange kind of denial of service situation. lol
There's no need for extensions to get around that. Copy link, new tab, no referral.

Anyways I call FUD on the whole thing.

KiwiNZ
September 13th, 2010, 01:39 AM
I heard that UF Admins found that some members were starting baseless rumors.

Oh no , never ....shock horror never

Yep its true ...deliberate FUD

But we have the cure

Its a BIG FAT LOCK

KA CHING LOCKED