PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless laser mouse laggy in Ubuntu

ThinkEntropy
September 12th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I've been through 9.04, 9.10, and now 10.04, and the mouse is laggy in all instances. I know this is an Ubuntu problem because the issue is not present in Windows. However, when I plug in an old standard PS/2 mouse (not optical) it tracks just fine.

Laggy is the best way to describe the behavior, but for example: I can move the mouse left to right repeatedly across the screen, and eventually I'll get to a point where the mouse on the screen visibly trails my hand movements by a second or so. The movement starts to become glitchy too, like all of the mouses' movements aren't being communicated to the computer. The behavior is seemingly random, and is not limited to fast-sweeping movements. Often times fine movements are affected, almost like the cursor is sticky.

Mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000. Batteries are fresh, wireless connection seems good, and everything on the mouse (buttons/wheel) function properly. I've finally ironed out most of my other issues in 10.04, so if I don't find a solution to this I won't be too bent of out shape. This OS is still better than Windows by a large margin.

Thanks guys! :D