PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Menus

wojox
September 12th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Just curious if I was one of the only one's who takes advantage of the Gnome Control Center. I find it really cuts down on a lot of clutter.

So do you use the use the Main Menu and turn on the Gnome Control Center or keep the Menu Bar?

MadCookie
September 12th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Just curious if I was one of the only one's who takes advantage of the Gnome Control Center. I find it really cuts down on a lot of clutter.

So do you

Nope, I still wish the Control Center could be better though...

Legendary_Bibo
September 12th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I just use gnomenu, and toss any system things I mess with into my favorites. I only have to use the favorites and the places tab mostly, although it makes me forget where a lot of things are. :(

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM

So do you use the use the Main Menu and turn on the Gnome Control Center or keep the Menu Bar?

I don't like the Control Center. It is like the Windows Control Panel. I have difficulty finding what I want. I am accustom to the Menu Bar. When I use Windows, I switch it to the "classic view" for the Control Panel. I'm old and set in my ways.

wojox
September 12th, 2010, 09:47 PM
When I use Windows, I switch it to the "classic view" for the Control Panel.

I always favored "Classic View" as well.

wojox
September 12th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I just use gnomenu

I forgot about gnomenu ;)

Frogs Hair
September 12th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I have the Gnomenu, but keep a control center icon on my dock . I could go with no panels , but don't like the appearance of some of the applet icons in AWN.

Legendary_Bibo
September 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I have the Gnomenu, but keep a control center icon on my dock . I could go with no panels , but don't like the appearance of some of the applet icons in AWN.

I had an issue with Cairo-Dock where all the applet icons disappeared, but not the icons for my launchers. Now it seems like they're working again which means I can move my temperature monitor and trash can back to it, which means I can make some room on my panel. I could also remove the thing that has the shut down, log off, hibernate, yada yada menu because it's in my gnomenu, but I just don't like using those ones for some reason.

kerry_s
September 12th, 2010, 10:04 PM
i use it & application browser from "gnome-main-menu", i like that they match.

Frogs Hair
September 12th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I had an issue with Cairo-Dock where all the applet icons disappeared, but not the icons for my launchers. Now it seems like they're working again which means I can move my temperature monitor and trash can back to it, which means I can make some room on my panel. I could also remove the thing that has the shut down, log off, hibernate, yada yada menu because it's in my gnomenu, but I just don't like using those ones for some reason.

All my applets work I just don't like the icons . With GLX it's possible to customize applet icons but not in AWN yet.

wojox
September 12th, 2010, 10:45 PM
i use it & application browser from "gnome-main-menu", i like that they match.

That is pretty sweet. :)

kerry_s
September 12th, 2010, 11:04 PM
All my applets work I just don't like the icons . With GLX it's possible to customize applet icons but not in AWN yet.

yeah, that would be nice. the only reason i don't use the menu applet is because of the icon & the fact theres just no settings for it, look wise.
other then that at least it has 3 menus to chose from for those that need 1.

Tibuda
September 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Delete the Menu Bar and Add The Main Menu without Gnome Control Center