PDA

View Full Version : "Here You Have" Virus

TheNerdAL
September 12th, 2010, 06:05 PM
So there is a new virus going around the online world hitting a lot of people and organizations and companies. I think it even hit Google and Homeland Security.

It's called the "Here You Have" virus.

It's an email that has the subject line as, you guessed it, "Here You Have"

In that email contains a link and when you click the link, it takes over your computer and sends the email to your contacts in your address book as yourself.

http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/home_homeoffice/images/misc/hereyouhave.jpg

I think this is a Windows only virus.

So if you see an email like that, just delete it. :)

More info can be found here: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/virus-mail-spreads-online/story?id=11596433

pwnst*r
September 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Lol

TheNerdAL
September 12th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Lol

I just want to check my emails and see if I have it and click on the link and see what it does on Ubuntu. :P

CharlesA
September 12th, 2010, 06:16 PM
It's a worm, not a "virus." Everything is a "Virus" now it seems.

I would think that common sense would stop you from happily clicking a link in an email from someone you don't know.

Sporkman
September 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I would think that common sense would stop you from happily clicking a link in an email from someone you don't know.

You get it from people you do know, however.

sdowney717
September 12th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I click on everything I wish.
I figure it is there to be clicked on.
If I got an email from a good friend, telling me to click on a link, I would just impulsively click it.
I have yet to get a worm or virus problem.

TheNerdAL
September 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I wish someone sent me the email. I feel so lonely now. :P

NCLI
September 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Most of your friends not having English as their first language really helps a lot against spam and this sort of thing, since you can easily tell when it's spam, since it's almost never in Danish xD

Denis Krajnc
September 12th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I don't worry about it.
Ubuntu saved me from malware again.