PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Triple boot with grub....

leeman101
September 11th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Hi,
I have (only bc i have to) windows vista, also Ubuntu 10.04 on the same drive, and dual-booting is no issue at all.
But after I installed Mandriva 2010 to try to triple boot, i couldn't find Ubuntu anymore :(
so I got rid of mandriva, and grub was messed up bc I deleted all mandriva partitions.
So then I installed Xubuntu 9.10 (because it is a quick install) to recover grub, and with Xubuntu, Ubuntu, and vista, Grub sees all three OSes no problem. So what would I have to do to make Grub work this way when I install Mandriva?

Thanks in advance..

Lee

leeman101
September 11th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Can no one help me with this? :(

Rubi1200
September 11th, 2010, 09:22 AM
There was no need to remove Mandriva!

All you had to do was reinstall GRUB and bingo!

Here is the guide for future reference:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Reinstalling%20from%20LiveCD

leeman101
September 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks Rubi..
So if I reinstall mandriva, now that I have deleted it (oops) and then reinstall grub 2 using the guide you linked me to, then I should be all set?
I will try it and hopefully it will work :)

tanush
September 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks Rubi..
So if I reinstall mandriva, now that I have deleted it (oops) and then reinstall grub 2 using the guide you linked me to, then I should be all set?

sweet and simple just execute sudo update-grub command.

Rubi1200
September 11th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks Rubi..
Assuming you have a regular setup (no RAID or other stuff) then yes it should be fine.

As tanush pointed out, don't forget to run
sudo update-grub after rebooting into Ubuntu. GRUB should then pick up Mandriva and you are good to go.

Best of luck!