PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No keyboard and mouse when installing ubuntu

whitelinux
September 11th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Having a problem installing ubuntu Desktop or Server 10.04 (32 or 64) or 9.04.

I put the cd in and start to install, all seems ok and then just before the 4 dots appear the light turns off on the mouse and keyboard lights go out. Then that it I have no ability to continue the installation even though it continues to load normally as I cant click or hit next.

I have tried multiple keyboards and mouse, different usb ports, different cd drive and hard disks. Basically everything except changing the motherboard which is a acer but cant see model number. If I replug the mouse back in I get a light but no action.

If I choose "Try ubuntu" it loads to the desktop perfectly except I have no input devices!

I have enabled usb legacy etc in BIOS. I am out of simple Ideas, anyone got any thoughts? or should I just bin the board, is it worth updating the bios.

This board works fine with windows. oh and I also tried the ps2 ports, same prob.

Thanks

mörgæs
September 11th, 2010, 08:34 AM
There has been a number of these problems reported, and unfortunately there is no simple solution.

You could try a live boot with 10.10 to see if it works:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

Remember that it is a release in development, and you can not expect full support.

Another option is good old 8.04.