PDA

View Full Version : I just stopped a huge line at the airport

sandyd
September 11th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Ive had people warn me for this (because they probably did this before), but I was skeptical.

I do a lot of travelling, so I always have all this miscelaneous stuff in my carry-on that might have not been unpacked yet (I also use the cary-on for other purposes).

It turns out I accidentally left one of those un-damageable, fully metal, heavy flashlights in my carry-on. (its sort of like the kind that doormen use, except that mine is much shorter, and has been dropped more). uh-oh. that was a bad idea.

I got surrounded by security while passing through the scans, because the flashlight showed up as a "grenade shaped object".

Which consequently delayed the flight for 1h.
lol

BlazeFire247
September 11th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I got surrounded by security while passing through the scans, because the flashlight showed up as a "grenade shaped object".

Which consequently delayed the flight for 1h.
lol

:lolflag:
But if I were there I'd get nervous xD

lisati
September 11th, 2010, 02:30 AM
This reminds me of a couple of shows I sometimes watch which deals with people coming through customs. One episode had someone make a silly joke and then wonder why all the security guards showed up.

kaldor
September 11th, 2010, 02:37 AM
We got held up at an airport going to the Dominican this summer. One of the guys with us brought back a few bottles of rum. When he was questioned and had to get rid of it all, he came back to us and said, in a thick Newfoundland accent, "I had to get rid of all me rum! They said I couldn't take water on the plane!" to which someone replied "yes, but that is liquid" to which he replied "No, this is rum, not water"

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 11th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I loaned my mother-in-law a bag for a trip. I used to keep shotgun shells in it. The TSA used the wand with the sniffing paper on it.

Oops!

I had to explain the gunpowder residue to the security guards before they would release her.

sandyd
September 11th, 2010, 03:06 AM
I loaned my mother-in-law a bag for a trip. I used to keep shotgun shells in it. The TSA used the wand with the sniffing paper on it.

Oops!

I had to explain the gunpowder residue to the security guards before they would release her.
*giggles* my sister did the same thing, only worse, she had the actual gun with her... my sister , going to a flight at 4am was so sleepy that... she forgot to unholster her gun, take out the bullets (if youve ever owned a gun before, youll realize that even if you pull out the magazine, theirs still a bullet inside), and hand over the gun forms (their at a seperate desk). She was luckily stopped by a extra-friendly baggage worker before she got to the desk :eek:

jcwmoore
September 11th, 2010, 03:14 AM
another reason i'd rather not fly

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 11th, 2010, 03:35 AM
*giggles* my sister did the same thing, only worse, she had the actual gun with her... my sister , going to a flight at 4am was so sleepy that... she forgot to unholster her gun, take out the bullets (if youve ever owned a gun before, youll realize that even if you pull out the magazine, theirs still a bullet inside), and hand over the gun forms (their at a seperate desk). She was luckily stopped by a extra-friendly baggage worker before she got to the desk :eek:

This is an international forum. Some people are thinking WTF. Yes, it is legal to be armed in some countries. I like the jokes about driving where I live. The jokes describe someone doing something impolite in traffic. Then the joke concludes with the warning that it is "Legal to be armed in _____".

sandyd
September 11th, 2010, 03:40 AM
This is an international forum. Some people are thinking WTF. Yes, it is legal to be armed in some countries. I like the jokes about driving where I live. The jokes describe someone doing something impolite in traffic. Then the joke concludes with the warning that it is "Legal to be armed in _____".
shes from texas, so naturally, she carries a gun :)...

razorboy5
September 11th, 2010, 03:42 AM
I almost pooped my pants when security asked me about my hair wax.

Imagine what it feels like to be questioned about a gun:lolflag:

corrytonapple
September 11th, 2010, 03:43 AM
I just don't fly. I think we all have some good stories of trying to get on an airplane and forgetting something in the bag.

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 11th, 2010, 03:43 AM
shes from texas, so naturally, she carries a gun ...

Car horns are actually "Road Rage" indicators, and remember, it's legal to be armed in Texas.

sandyd
September 11th, 2010, 03:46 AM
car horns are actually "road rage" indicators, and remember, its legal to be armed in texas.

+1
:p its the modern version of the wild wild west lol

Lux Perpetua
September 11th, 2010, 04:13 AM
My brother once forgot that he had a set of butterfly knives in his bag. When a TSA agent found them, he said something like "hey, I've been looking for those for years!" Luckily, the TSA agent was a reasonable guy who could see that this teenager wasn't a terrorist.