PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution Address Book Problems

MickSulley
September 10th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hi,

Evolution address book is driving me mad! I was trying to copy from Ubuntu One address book to Google GContacts, but realised that Ubuntu One contacts were down again, so tried to copy from Personal contacts. I have tried various things and I now have 7 contacts in GContacts (should be 654). In summary my problems are -

1. Cannot delete contacts from GContacts. I get error message, either Failed to Delete Contact - contact not found (even though it is displayed) or Failed to Delete Contact - other error.

2. Cannot copy contacts. I have tried Ctrl C Ctrl V, using Actions > Copy Contact To, using Actions > Copy All Contacts To, and nothing happens, no errors no nothing!

I have even created a new test address book locally and get the similar problems with that. Copied all of the contacts from personal (654) and it put 20 into test. If I highlight one which has not been copied and try to copy it across it does nothing.

Sometimes I get a message saying that an error has occurred and the address book won't be available again until it is restarted, but restarting and even rebooting does not fix the problem.

Any ideas???????

Thanks
Mick