PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Docky cuts off a quarter of my screen :(

Rave Gloves
September 10th, 2010, 01:02 AM
This has never happend to me with docky before. As you can see, there is this massive black line. I have no idea how to get rid of it, i've google'd this with no luck, anyone seen this before?

jtarin
September 10th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Hove you tried auto-hide or different docky backgrounds?

Rave Gloves
September 10th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Seems that now that my graphics drivers have been activated it has sorted this problem, One more thing. When my graphics drivers are active, the boot spash that says Kubuntu seems to go big, and really lo-res. I noticed this with ubuntu and it looks awful, is there a way to fix that?

kerry_s
September 10th, 2010, 01:49 AM
docky requires compositing, thats why you had the huge black space.

what graphics card? i think your talking about a plymouth bug, google it.

jtarin
September 10th, 2010, 03:27 AM
docky requires compositing, thats why you had the huge black space.

what graphics card? i think your talking about a plymouth bug, google it.I have compositing turned off and mine works fine. Maybe this is only with certain shipsets.

krimzonstarr
September 10th, 2010, 05:32 AM
+1
I used to run Docky constantly, and if, for whatever reason, my Compiz didn't load properly then I got the same black screen.

jtarin
September 10th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Possibly compiz was just another side-effect of the actual reason.

kerry_s
September 10th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I have compositing turned off and mine works fine. Maybe this is only with certain shipsets.

you must have 1 on, if not compiz(appearance preferences), then your probably using metacity like me.

jtarin
September 10th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I stand corrected. It seems Docky does require compositing on, but I will attest to the fact when I used it I never turned it on myself. It it was on, it configured itself that way upon install because I never touched my settings before or after and they are the same now....turned off and unchecked.

bryhawks
November 13th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks Kerry, enabling metacity works perfect and the effects can be turned off... :guitar:

bigman0783
April 5th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Thnx a lot, it works.
Used also:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1571583

http://blog.ubuntu-tweak.com/2008/02/10/turn-on-the-compositing-feature-of-metacity.html