PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] New: Make your UBUNTU look like WINDOWS 7 “Win2-7″

aminesoft
September 9th, 2010, 06:54 PM
http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/Win2-7_1.jpg

Now Download : Click HERE (http://hotfile.com/dl/65556784/c1f7e62/Win2-7Pack_v5.8_Multilang_Aero_MD59eeb04aa8847938a2b325 b3e81c4ae2d.tar.lzma.html)

:KS:KS:KS:KS:KS:KS

Win2-7 is an icon theme that contains several icons made with The GIMP, and all the other icons taken from various artists, credit to their authors.
Including Add-ons for this icon theme with installer.
How to install?
· Right click on your desktop and select Change Desktop Background
· Click on the first tab: Theme
· Drag and drop the theme’s archive in the Appearance Preferences window.
· If everything is OK, you will receive a confirmation message and you can activate the theme just by clicking on it.
About GNOME:
GNOME is an international effort to build a complete desktop environment—the graphical user interface which sits on top of a computer operating system—entirely from free software. This goal includes creating software development frameworks, selecting application software for the desktop, and working on the programs which manage application launching, file handling, and window and task management.
GNOME is part of the GNU Project and can be used with various Unix-like operating systems, most notably Linux, and as part of Java Desktop System in Solaris.
The name originally stood for GNU Network Object Model Environment, though this acronym is deprecated. The GNOME project puts heavy emphasis on simplicity, usability, and making things “just work”.

Now Download : Click HERE (http://hotfile.com/dl/65556784/c1f7e62/Win2-7Pack_v5.8_Multilang_Aero_MD59eeb04aa8847938a2b325 b3e81c4ae2d.tar.lzma.html)

for more info visite : http://aminesoft.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/new-make-your-ubuntu-look-like-windows-7-win2-7/
):P

Spice Weasel
September 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Eww.. No offense, but why would you want a Linux distribution to look like Windows?

Some people might like it I guess, and good for hiding your OS at school.

elliotn
September 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Okay I wouldnt want my ubuntu to look like Windows as I dual booth ubuntu and win7, but I like the macbuntu project., as a fellow African I say keep up the good work m8

aminesoft
September 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Eww.. No offense, but why would you want a Linux distribution to look like Windows?

Hhh you ask me why ! so : coz in linux world we need some fun ;)
Thanks for comment):P

aminesoft
September 9th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Okay I wouldnt want my ubuntu to look like Windows as I dual booth ubuntu and win7, but I like the macbuntu project., as a fellow African I say keep up the good work m8
Thanks Bro :KS

Frogs Hair
September 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
No thanks , I have W7 and Ubuntu . I wouldn't want to misrepresent my Gnome desktop ; however , I'm sure some people would like your project.

aminesoft
September 9th, 2010, 07:30 PM
No thanks , I have W7 and Ubuntu . I wouldn't want to misrepresent my Gnome desktop ; however , I'm sure some people would like your project.

Thank you Bro ):P

aminesoft
September 10th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Poste update :)

SantaFe
September 10th, 2010, 02:35 AM
I'm still trying to get Windows 7 to look like Ubuntu.:popcorn:

aminesoft
September 10th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I'm still trying to get Windows 7 to look like Ubuntu.:popcorn:

hhhh it's easy man :):KS
):P

rockager
September 10th, 2010, 05:50 PM
looks exactly like windows!! can't believe it's gnome.
but i wouldn't be using it because i have a dual boot with win7.
nevertheless, it's a nice theme.

KdotJ
September 10th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Although I will never understand the reasoning for people to make their Linux look like Windows....

Great job though, looks good

fatman65535
September 10th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Although I will never understand the reasoning for people to make their Linux look like Windows....

Great job though, looks good

There is this guy on ZDNet, whose initials are LD. (If you read any of his posts, you will recognize him immediately.) He drinks M$ koolaid by the 55 gallon barrel. He spreads FUD about having to compile a Linux kernel. So, why would anyone want to make GNOME appear to be ******* 7; simple; to make people like him `eat crow` when they think they are working with win7, and its NOT. But, to be serious for a second; if one is doing an enterprise migration to Linux, from *******, to avoid serious amounts of user "panic", tricking them may be advisable. After all, they (the average user) does not "get it".

JBAlaska
September 10th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Gonna have some good fun with this.

Thank You!

aminesoft
September 11th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Thanks for comments :)

ActionParsnip
April 24th, 2011, 07:21 AM

Because you can is one answer