PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] installer prompts login screen

Stefano Bragaglia
September 9th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hello all,

first of all, please forgive me! I tried to find matches to my problem but I wasn't able to use the search page properly... It is probably too difficult to understand for me!

Anyway, my problem is the following: I downloaded XUbuntu 10.04 for i386 desktops (I'm going to install it on a PIII with 256 Mb RAM) and burnt it on a CD-ROM and I started the PC with that CD.

When prompted, I selected the Italian language (I also tried with English, same result) and then I choosed to Install it (I also tried to Try it without installing, same result).

After a long loading, it presents me the Login Screen asking for a Username and then a Password... If I try to install it in Virtual Box on another machine, the setup process goes straight skipping the Login Screen...

What should I do to work around the Login Screen and complete the installation on the PIII?

Thank you in advance,
Stefano

garyedwardjohnston
September 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM
not sure if i understand you but...

during the installation process you will be acked for your user name and password...at the bottom of this screen you can select automatically log in...this will bypass the login screen

Stefano Bragaglia
September 9th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for replying!

On the bottom line of this Login Screen, all the typical buttons are missing except for Options and Reboot/Shutdown buttons...

The same CD on VirtualBox doesn't prompt that Login Screen... Maybe my PIII is so old that requires the disabling of so much services and so on, leading to the presence of the Login Screen?

Any idea or suggestions? Thanks!

Ste