PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Strange volume control behaviour.

flatko
September 9th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Hi all!
I'm using 10.04 now and it runs ok, except one strange thing in the Volume control applet.

Sometimes, when I click on the volume slider, it moves up. Even if I try to slide it down, it moves up on every click. The same when I click left of it - it keeps moving up! This is very annoying at night when the music gets loud and wakes everybody. It happens with or without Compiz turned on, but not all the time. Sometimes happens, sometimes not...

Somebody has the same issue?

syano
September 12th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I had that with my old laptop. I figured that if I had my laptop turned on for a long period of time, it would happen. After a little cooling down (it would get very hot even with the fans working) and restarting it would be fine. I made a habit of plugging in earphones when adjusting the volume (or just used the volume control wheel on the computer).

doogie256
February 5th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I have the same exact problem and yes it is very annoying, however:
i have noticed that if i open the slider, close it, than try to use it again it typically functions fine.

irv
February 5th, 2011, 05:05 PM
When I was using 10.04 I had the same problem, I am using 10.10 and do not have this problem anymore. I did find a link by Chris Oliver, here is the link
http://excid3.com/blog/2010/06/changing-the-ubuntu-10-04-audio-channel-control/
I don't know if it will help but check it out and see.