PDA

View Full Version : Research for a project.

shadow of the locust
September 8th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I am due to hand in a university project on food in a few days and I'm weeks behind.

I have set up a poll to gather some information so that I can make some progress.

If anyone has a spare minute to choose answers to eight questions, it would be appreciated and would help me immeasurably!

Click here for the poll (http://www.ballot-box.net/service3/poll.view.php?pollid=23258)

Thanks.

Naiki Muliaina
September 8th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Done, wilkos in the UK do little window boxes for a couple of quid. 1 for 3 packets of seeds. Cant imagine anyone spending 15+ after seeing how cheap they are.

Dragynn
September 8th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Done. I had to think a bit about having a downsize garden, lol, I live in the country and grow most of my own veggies and herbs with plenty to spare for neighbors and friends.

shadow of the locust
September 8th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Done, wilkos in the UK do little window boxes for a couple of quid. 1 for 3 packets of seeds. Cant imagine anyone spending 15+ after seeing how cheap they are.

Great! Thank you.

The main reason for including the higher price ranges was to perhaps make it a B&Q (or other hardware/gardening store) type of product and maybe slightly more elaborate with a second box clamped onto the windowsill and drainage/overflow from the top box watering the one underneath.

Its all very much at the planning stage at the moment and will depend on the results I get.

whiskeylover
September 8th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Done

shadow of the locust
September 8th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Done. I had to think a bit about having a downsize garden, lol, I live in the country and grow most of my own veggies and herbs with plenty to spare for neighbors and friends.

Thanks.

I'd love to have space to do something like that.

The topic for the piece or work was simply 'food'. The window ledge idea was actually one suggested in the course material. I chose it because I'm growing beans, tomatoes and potatoes outside at the front of the house in various pots and grow-bags. I would like to be able to come up with a solution for those in a town or city (maybe living in a flat) to still have the option of growing flowers or vegetables.

shadow of the locust
September 8th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Done

Thanks. :)

t0p
September 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Done.

When I'd completed the poll, the site told me I'm the 27th person to complete it. How many respondents does your assignment require?

shadow of the locust
September 8th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Done.

When I'd completed the poll, the site told me I'm the 27th person to complete it. How many respondents does your assignment require?

Thank you.

There isn't a set total. Just as long as I get enough to give a good spread of answers. In previous pieces of work, we've been using numbers between five and ten, but it was really just a token gesture to show that we were using polls in our research and considering a range of opinions.

This is the last piece of coursework though, so I'd like to get as many as I can.

0N3
September 8th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Done good luck with your project

shadow of the locust
September 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Done good luck with your project

Thanks for your help!

Cam42
September 9th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Done. #48

shadow of the locust
September 9th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Done. #48

Thank you.

I'm off to bed now. Thanks to everyone who has voted so far. I'll hopefully be able to make good progress with the results tomorrow. :)

shadow of the locust
September 15th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I thought I should return to this thread to thank everyone who placed a vote. I got my mark back today: 91%.

All of you contributed to that. Thank you.

Naiki Muliaina
September 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Congrats dude! Decent mark :popcorn: