PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Using accelerometer HP in Compiz

Valde_91
September 8th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi everybody! I'm trying to use the accelerometer build in my Hp Mini 2140 to rotate the cube desktop with compiz. The gesture that I want to enable is like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr9jHa26WX8 . That is realized via the smackpad plugin for the HDAPS sensor that is mounted on the IBM/lenovo notebook and the Apple notebook. But I think that is a totally different architecture and wont work with my PC.

So I searched a bit and my HP Mini has an ST LIS3LV02DL accelerometer that is identified as a joystick in ubuntu. It's working very well, after having calibrate it with jstest-gtk I was able to use the accelerometer to play Neverball.
So I'm wondering if there is a way to enable in compiz the recognition of joystick gesture to do actions in addition to the key bindings, the mouse bindings and the edges. In fact setting a movement in the Axis 0 has a gesture for rotating the cube will enable a smackpad like action on my HP.

Any idea or suggestion?

thanks Valde

vedovatti
April 7th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hi there,

I cannot help you with your thread, I am sorry. I wanted to ask you for the parameter to calibrate the accelerometer. I have the same as you in HP tm2 but I don't get the correct calibration.

Could you please share with me the parameter you use in jstest?

Thank you!