PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Playing music through Sony networked Blu-ray player

pootle1
September 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I've recently bought a Sony BDP-S370 (well 373 actually,but its the same box), and wanted to play my music collection though it.

I've now installed minidlna on my ubuntu box and the blu-ray player immediately picked it up and shows all my music (which is in a giant set of randomly named variable rate mp3 files) indexed by artists album etc.

I did have mediatomb running, but although the player could see it, it didn't like it (said wasn't a proper dlna server).:KS

bilbo1234
November 27th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I too have a Sony BDP-S370. I found that minidlna is recognized fine but the mp3 playback is glitchy. Do you have this problem?

I also found that Rygel is recognized, and it supports transcoding etc. This was important to me, as I have a large ogg collection.

kjetilbmoe
February 17th, 2011, 12:44 AM
I too have a Sony BDP-S370. I found that minidlna is recognized fine but the mp3 playback is glitchy. Do you have this problem?

I also found that Rygel is recognized, and it supports transcoding etc. This was important to me, as I have a large ogg collection.

Did you do anything "special" to have the blueray player discover the server? I installed the Rygel package, and set it up with a dynamic port - but the "server settings" in the blueray player shows nothing ...