PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unable to launch the installed GRE prep software

madeel
September 8th, 2010, 07:03 AM
If one would install this GRE Prep software in windows, it will get installed in the directory C:\admgr

All the program files will be copied in the directory 'C:\admgr'. As installation finished, an icon get created at the desktop. One can launch the software by double click on this icon.

In my laptop, windows is in C:\ and Ubunutu is in E:\ (if look through windows, Ubunutu doesn't display any name for the E:\, only :\ )

I installed this GRE prep software using wine. First time I let the default setting in the installation. But no icon get created on the desktop, nothing on the Ubunutu applications bar. Second time I changed the installation directory. The new directory address was :\home\adeel\gre

I typed it here exactly as I typed in the installation box. Once installation was completed, I get back to the directory :\home\adeel\gre
but no files got copied there.

Is it possible if I upload that file on a file sharing website, and you (or anyone else) can looked at it?

Thanks for your help...

madeel
September 8th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Wine official website has helped me to locate the actual directory which is

~/.wine/drive_c/admgr

Their FAQ suggested that I should run exe file (you actually make a guess). However another error pops up!

Cannot locate Foxpro support library

what should I do now?

Any help? Thanks