PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WTF - Upgrade to Lucid uninstalled WINE!

lavadisco
September 8th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Seriously, that sucks. And after I went through all that winetricks rigmarole to install Office 2007 too. I suppose it was in the list of "obsolete packages" that it uninstalled that I didn't bother to scroll through.

coffeecat
September 8th, 2010, 09:25 AM
A quick search through the googletubes didn't reveal anyone else with this problem. Wine is in Lucid so it should have upgraded along with the rest of the system. If this is a bug it needs investigating so that it can be reported.

Which version of Ubuntu were you upgrading from, 9.10 or 8.04? Did you do a full update before you upgraded?

lavadisco
September 9th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I upgraded from 9.10, and was fully updated prior to upgrade. After the upgrade, my WINE folder was missing in my applications menu and was not installed in Synaptic, and all my Windows programs won't open now.

UPDATE: Reinstalled WINE 1.2 tonight and all of my Windows programs work again without having to reinstall them, including Office 2007. Great! But very strange.

kentpend
September 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I had the exact same problem. I did scroll through the obsoleted packages and saw it, but figured it was there because a newer version had been put in. Should have thought to look and see that 1.2 is the latest stable release... oops. But I too, had everything (that I've tried so far) working again simply by re-installing wine.

Also upgraded from a fully up to date 9.10 system.