PDA

View Full Version : Any Modern Warfare Players?

joes7
September 8th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Hi all! I'm back! So I've been playing COD MWR (the Wii Edition) and it's extremely cool. Despite the fact that you can't get Tactical Nukes, it is amazing. I'm a huge noob, but I really like it. Anyway, any MW players in here?

Noz3001
September 8th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I prefer COD 2 or WaW if I really have to play anything from the COD series. The rest are just awful, too arcadey and full of kids. WHO CAN POSSIBLY CARRY 2 P90's!?

Bölvağur
September 8th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I played Call of Duty : Modern Warfare (COD4) ):P pc edition
Now I dont play games as fanatically as before and am not part of any clan even any more!

v1ad
September 8th, 2010, 02:41 AM
prefer cod4.... cod7 aka: black ops is coming out prob will go that route.

marl30
September 8th, 2010, 02:48 AM
I played Modern Warfare (both versions) when I had Widows 7 as my OS a few months ago. I haven't installed it on Ubuntu as yet. I know they work based on the different Wine tutorials I've come across on how to install them. Just don't have that drive for games as I had before. I only play games every now and Again.

joes7
September 8th, 2010, 03:27 AM
prefer cod4.... cod7 aka: black ops is coming out prob will go that route.

Yeah me too!

Legendary_Bibo
September 8th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Only the ones made by treyarch, they actually know how to balance multiplayer (Who's bright idea was it to put grenade launchers, AND One man army???!!!).

pwnst*r
September 8th, 2010, 03:43 AM
If anyone's on live, let's rock

NMFTM
September 8th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I play hardcore mode MW at the weekly LAN party I go to.

cra1g321
September 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
ive played COD4 on pc ps3 and xbox360 and i dont really c what the big hype is about it.

Would far rather play Battlefield Bad Company 2, the sniping is amazing, maps are huge and there's loads more guns and content

DrMelon
September 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Would far rather play Battlefield Bad Company 2, the sniping is amazing, maps are huge and there's loads more guns and content

This, so much. BFBC2 is very much the superior, in my opinion.

ja660k
September 8th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I have both, BFBC2 and MW2.
each has it strengths,

MW2:
get noob tubed or rpg
spawning right next to the enemy
cool kids spinning around before they shoot someone
kids in high pitched voices yelling abuse at one another

BFBC2:
killer graphics
greater sense of teamwork
more engaging
larger maps

As you can see which i like better :p
BUT the main reason i play MW2 over BFBC2, games last 10 minutes max on mw2... on battlefield ive been in games that last over a hour.

sometimes i just dont have the patience.

barney385
September 8th, 2010, 05:56 PM
You can play BF on Ubuntu?

Are you using Wine?

I play the MOH series, but I haven't been able to use it with Wine.

Hell, I haven't even been able to use FM2010 with Wine and it has a Gold rating.

But, that's a different thread altogether.

Linye
September 8th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I do on Xbox Live.

cra1g321
September 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM
yh i play BFBC2 on xbox live 2

Donalt2010
September 9th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I use to play CoD Mw2 on the xbox360 then got really fed up with it, ive always been more of a Halo fan anyways. REACH is out next week and im lookin well forward to it.

DonalT
Gamertag: WEENUTT3R

aeiah
September 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I use to play CoD Mw2 on the xbox360 then got really fed up with it, ive always been more of a Halo fan anyways. REACH is out next week and im lookin well forward to it.

DonalT
Gamertag: WEENUTT3R

+1 for reach

i tried MW2 but just couldnt get into it. id do pretty badly in most matches and then occasionally when id do really well it still didn't feel very satisfying. maybe i like things simpler.

you'll often find me on xbox live under this nick playing halo 3 or left 4 dead 2:cool:

BrokenKingpin
September 9th, 2010, 04:11 PM
MW2 just feels out of date. There are just too many canned animations, and the new one looks to be the same ****. They need to update the engine.