PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Installation won't start

Mammut1492
September 7th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Hi everybody,

I really need some help here.
I'm a software developer and wrote my bachelor-thesis about Linux-Scheduling. So normally i can fix quite some probs on my own.

Well, long story short... Since I don't need Windows any more, I wan't to install Linux native on my dektop-pc. So here's the problem.

I downloaded the iso, burned it.
I checked MD5 sum and it works on another pc(not my desktop-pc).
But it freaking won't work on my desktop.
Everything i get after some minutes of waiting is on screen 1 some error messages like:

udevd[104]: worker [110] unexpectedly returned with status 0x0100
udevd[104]: worker [110] failed while handling '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:06:06.0'

well... end of the road. On screen 7 i see 4 dot's representing the loading screen of Ubuntu... well... that's it.

I tried AHCI, RAID, IDE Mode for my SATA-Ports. I even used legacy IDE... won't change anything...

Anyone any idea?

my system:
Gigabyte-EP45-DS5 Mainboard
Intel Q8200 CPU CPU
Intel X25 SSD
8 GB DDR2 RAM

regards
Mammut

garvinrick4
September 7th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Google your hardware and drivers.

Mammut1492
September 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Well, i sorted it out... finally.

Disable the second onboard-SATA2-Controller (the one with purple slots) in BIOS at the bottom of the Integrated Peripherals-Screen. I think it's called "Enable SATA/IDE controller", ore something like that.

Save the changes and reboot. Make sure your harddisk is plugged in at the SATA-Controller with the yellow slots ( it should by anyways).

Take a look at

http://www.gigabyte.de/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2749

at the section "Storage Interface". Unfortunately the kernel does not support the "GIGABYTE SATA2 chip".

regards