PDA

View Full Version : 10.10 Upgrade Issues

StyxBoatman
September 7th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Hi all,

Ran into some issues when attempting to upgrade to 10.10 Beta this weekend. I was wondering if anyone else has run into these issues and possible fixes.

The first time I upgraded, I had the latest updates as well as the nVidia driver. The upgrade "succeeded" but now after I boot up, I go into CLI mode and trying to bring up the GUI failes. Basically just hangs. This time, I did all recommended options, including deleting the un-needed items.

So I thought that maybe it was some of the updates that I had run, so I blew away the parition and tried again. This time did a standard install and didn't run any updates. Came back to it to an unresponsive GRUB selection with no ability to do anything to continue the upgrade. I tried this a second time thinking it might have been a glitch of some sort, and the second time, I never even got to the GRUB selection, about 75%-80% done with the upgrade the system just hung.

So I tried one last time by installing all the latest updates on the system and guess what? Same results as before. CLI Mode only.

I usually like to try Beta releases, and this is not a production system by any means. I was toying with the idea of just downloading the .iso, but I figured this might be a bug, hence the long post.

Any clues?

Thank you!