PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot launch the installed GRE prep software

madeel
September 7th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I installed GRE test preparation software prepare by Cambridge University Press on Ubunuto 10.4 using wine. My laptop has two partition, one has windows C:\ and the other is E:\ has Ubuntu.

By default, it get installed C:\admgr , unless stated otherwise. I didn't change this setting. After installation, a message pops up that:

double click the program icon ....

But I didn't find any icon on the desktop (which is the case in windows) nor any link for application section of the ubuntu. Installation is done correctly, but I cannot launch the program due to unavailability of the icon.

I have looked into the directory admgr, but couldn't find anything except there are two exe files. One is for uninstalling and the other 'CADM.exe'. I don't know what is for.

I also tried the changing of directory from C:\ to :\home\adeel\gre in the ubuntu partition. The software shows that files being copied to the directory mentioned above but on checking it later, I found out that directory is empty!!

thegod_slayer
September 7th, 2010, 07:20 PM
By default, it get installed C:\admgr , unless stated otherwise. I didn't change this setting. After installation, a message pops up that:

didn't get your question....
please rephrase it and post

madeel
September 7th, 2010, 07:43 PM
didn't get your question....
please rephrase it and post

If one would install this GRE Prep software in windows, it will get installed in the directory C:\admgr

All the program files will be copied in the directory 'admgr'. As installation finished, an icon get created at the desktop. One can launch the software by double click on this icon.

In my laptop, windows is in C:\ and Ubunutu is in E:\ (if look through windows, Ubunutu doesn't display any name for the E:\, only :\ )

First time I let the default setting in the installation. But no icon get created on the desktop, nothing on the Ubunutu applications bar. Second time I changed the installation directory. The new directory address was :\home\adeel\gre

I typed it here exactly as I typed in the installation box. Once installation was completed, I get back to the directory :\home\adeel\gre
but no files got copied there.

Is it possible if I upload that file on a file sharing website, and you (or anyone else) can looked at it?

Thanks for your help...