PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] BURG for 32bit only?

GARoss
September 7th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I was wondering if BURG was for 32bit OS only. I've been trying to install BURG on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS amd64 & Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit DB for 2 days now & the best I can get is the OS selection menu to say it's BURG version 1.98+20100623-1+karmic. When I use hotkey "t" to setup a theme, then select a theme (Sora) the screen virtually goes blank. Hitting ENTER will boot to Ubuntu.

Not sure what to check to troubleshoot next. I've reinstalled grub2 so I can at least see the boot selector.

Anything special needed to be done for a amd64 install? Any ideas? ](*,)

cj.surrusco
September 7th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Not sure what you're problem could be, but it's probably not 64-bit related. I was able to set up BURG very easily on 64-bit without having to do anything extra. I'm guessing that it could be a resolution error, though.

GARoss
September 7th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Is there a different tutorial for grub than grub2? Must tutorials refer to grub, not grub2 which I'm pretty sure is what Lucid uses. Do you recall which tutorial you used?
Also, where did you setup the theme; from the desktop or the boot menu?

GARoss
September 7th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Not sure what you're problem could be, but it's probably not 64-bit related. I was able to set up BURG very easily on 64-bit without having to do anything extra. I'm guessing that it could be a resolution error, though.

I have a Dell 24" 1920x1200 monitor. Graphic card is nVidia 6800GT. Intel Core2 & 4gb RAM. What resolution does it need?