PDA

View Full Version : I don't know whether or not to get offended or laugh?

TheNerdAL
September 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5631127/the-saddest-nerd-wedding-photo-ever

It has to do with Ubuntu and I don't get it. Can someone explain? :P

magmon
September 6th, 2010, 09:12 PM
"I guess if people still use Ubuntu..." Ignorance is bliss.

andymorton
September 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I think the idea is that they've just got married, (The woman looks like she's wearing a wedding dress), and they're on their honeymoon. But the man is more interested in his computer and Ubuntu than he is in his new wife.

andy

perlluver
September 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Never heard of Ubuntu. Really wow, oh well, I think quite a few people still use Ubuntu. I could be wrong, and this all could be a dream.

TheNerdAL
September 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I think the idea is that they've just got married, (The woman looks like she's wearing a wedding dress), and they're on their honeymoon. But the man is more interested in his computer and Ubuntu than he is in his new wife.

andy

Oh, okay then I get it.

KiwiNZ
September 6th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I guess people will do anything for their 15 minutes :roll:

Linye
September 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM
"Ubuntu works just fine for checking email and basic web surfing.
It's just when you try to install software and do something productive that you run into problems."

Christian Knudsen
September 6th, 2010, 09:27 PM
The guy runs a Danish company that provides Ubuntu consultant and support services for corporations. He was married and took that photo as a joke. Simple. :)

mendhak
September 6th, 2010, 09:29 PM
He's implying that Ubuntu users are a minority, like AOL users.

The comments then proceed to analyze the photo, meant as a minor joke, to death and beyond.

t0p
September 6th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Doesn't that chick looked peeved tho! I bet his honeymoon wasn't as sweet as could be.

tgalati4
September 7th, 2010, 12:30 AM
He was just googling for the nearest McDonald's. Yea, he probably dual-boots. I doubt the computer had Ubuntu pre-installed. The new wife is bored because of the mind-numbing wait for Windows and Internet Explorer 6 to come up. "Your marriage is at risk."

"Ubuntu--True multi-user, true multi-tasking."

foxxxy
September 7th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Ubuntu doesn't have as much security/stability issues as much as marriage does...

YuiDaoren
September 7th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Ubuntu doesn't have as much security/stability issues as much as marriage does...
Piffle. It's always about the willingness of the user to maintain the system integrity. ;)