View Full Version : mic doesn't work with skype

September 6th, 2010, 05:38 AM
hi, i just installed ubuntu netbook remix 10.04.1 on an aspire one 532h netbook, and everything works great except i cant get the mic to work with skype. i know the mic is working correctly because i tried it in sound recorder and was able to record and playback my voice. all sound levels are where they should be, and everything seems to be in order. i'm using the latest beta of skype also.

i installed pavucontrol but that didn't do anything. because the mic is working, i'm beginning to think it may be a problem with skype. any ideas? thanks.

i forgot to mention that i'm using the built in mic.

September 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM

September 6th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I had this problem but I just went into 'sound' in 'preferences' and I had to adjust the input device and level. If you had it working before I guess that's probably not your problem. Mine had to be readjusted after one system upgrade though which was kind of surprising.

September 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
the sound preferences are all where they should be. i even checked alsamixer. like i said earlier, the mic works with sound recorder, just not with skype.

September 15th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I'm having the same problem. The Echo Sound Test works but the mic fails in an actual call. Also, the received webcam video cuts off and repeats.

I found this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=353053
but unfortunately I do not seem to have a volume icon in my desktop environment...