PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] usb doesn't works when installing the system !!!

AlWakRa
September 6th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Hi.

Recently I started to use Ubuntu 10.04LTS on my notebook and everything are great. So, I decide to install Ubuntu on my desktop which its system is dead and need recovery. Unfortunately I don't have the recovery Cd nor making one and I think about this solution :). I start the CD and everything runs great.

The problem:

The problem start when the installation start it's screen. The mouse doesn't move. Keyboard doesn't write either any usb port is work.

I changed the ports many times and I didn't have them work. Then I used the USB to make the installation. It stops into the booting screen and show me an error related to the usb port also.

For further information my desktop is Acer Aspire M5641 - Core2Quad 2.44Ghz - Ram 2GB - HDD 320G - ATI Graphic card but not sure about the model.

I test Desktop version of Ubuntu 32-bit system.

Looking forward for a solutions :).

mörgæs
September 6th, 2010, 11:11 AM
You could try this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9811956&postcount=4

AlWakRa
September 7th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I install Windows 7 on my desktop and try to install Ubuntu 10.04LTS from windows. This time everything goes well except after starting the system it stops all USB from working.

There is a problem with the USB ports from the system !!!

thegod_slayer
September 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I install Windows 7 on my desktop and try to install Ubuntu 10.04LTS from windows. This time everything goes well except after starting the system it stops all USB from working.

There is a problem with the USB ports from the system !!!

do you face this usb problem in win 7 ?????
if not, then you should google ubuntu install tips for your rig

AlWakRa
September 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I didn't face this problem with 7. I will google it :).

mörgæs
September 7th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I am not sure that I get this correctly: Is the problem only for Ubuntu when installed as Wubi?

AlWakRa
September 8th, 2010, 06:39 AM
To be more specific. The USB ports doesn't work inside Ubuntu Environment. I mean, when trying to install the system directly from the CD nor starting the system after installing it through Wubi (windows).

I saw a similar problem when I search in Google with ver. 8.04 I think and no solution for it.

mörgæs
September 8th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Then I don't know of any solution, sorry. If you like experimenting you could try a live boot with 10.10 beta:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

Remember that there is still a month until release, and it might change without notice.