PDA

View Full Version : Any Metal Fans On Here?

giddyup306
September 6th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Just saw Slayer for the third time a week or so ago. I was disappointed to see Dave Mustaine do vocals for them... But then again it was a once in a life time experience...

Share..

Austin25
September 6th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I made a knife this week... oh, you mean the music. <.<

kamaboko
September 6th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Just saw Slayer for the third time a week or so ago. I was disappointed to see Dave Mustaine do vocals for them... But then again it was a once in a life time experience...

Share..

Why is Mustaine doing vocals?

Off Topic
September 6th, 2010, 05:06 AM
So who was playing bass?

FWIW Slayer puts on a lame show.

giddyup306
September 6th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Why is Mustaine doing vocals?

Tom went south right in the middle of the set. Dave was on stage twice when Slayer was on. The rest of the set Tom was lipsinking to Dave. They were advertising that they would play Seasons In The Abyss in its entirety... I didn't expect to hear Dave sing it...

giddyup306
September 6th, 2010, 05:09 AM
So who was playing bass?

FWIW Slayer puts on a lame show.

I'd assume Tom. Don't knock Slayer tho! Jeff, Kerry, and Dave still kicked ***!

Yeah I know they might as well have called it Hard **** Springs, KS, which is about the dynamic of that whole ****ing state...

This concert was shocking as hell. I always knew that Tom was the weak link in the band, but I never expected to hear Dave Mustaine do vocals for Slayer. Tom's voice must have gone south right in the middle of the set. Dave came on set not once but twice (while Slayer was playing). Then when Tom was back on stage he was lipsinking to Dave's voice. I remember one time Tom was about ready to start "singing" 3 or 4 times, because Dave and him weren't in sync. They were advertising that Slayer would play Seasons In The Abyss in its entirety. I didn't expect to hear Dave sing it. They even ended with Dave singing Raining Blood. Usually when Slayer ends Tom makes it seem like it's the end and they say thanks. Then they do one more jam and say goodnight. When I saw Dave on stage I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. When I hear music I hear the lead and rhythm guitars first then the vocals. That's usually all I hear. I was right along the rail and Kerry wasn't much more than 5' from me, and Tom was probably 10'. I might see how you could think that Dave was Jeff, but that's even a stretch, and Jeff doesn't do vocals. I thought at first that my eyes were playing tricks on me, so I asked the guy that was standing next to me if it was Dave. He was like "holy ****...". I've found that over the two dozen or so concerts I have been to, it's not worth trying to take pictures or audio of the event. They always turn out like **** so I didn't take my phone. I asked the dude to take a pic as well as the chick standing next to him. After the concert it turns out that they weren't worth a ****... When I got back to the hotel two people that were at the concert noticed my Unholy Alliance tour shirt. I asked them if they could believe Dave was singing. They both thought I was full of ****. Then later on three different people ended up in my hotel room (I had the door open). I asked them about Dave and they also thought that I was full of ****. I don't know how you can mistake Dave's vocals from Tom's or think that the Carrot Top of metal looks like a 50-year-old Chilean with black hair...

As shocked and disappointed that I was at first, it was actually pretty cool to see. I mean this is probably the first and last time anyone's ever going to see that. You probably have a better chance of seeing Dave sing with Metallica again... Kerry was talking about such an incident when they were doing the Extreme Steele tour (which was Panteras last tour in the states). Jeff's guitar went to **** right in the middle of the song. Kerry covered for him not knowing what in the **** he played. He said that he was making a diversion so that people couldn't see how ****ing ****** he was playing. He went from his lead back in to Hannemans lead then back into his. I guess that's pretty cool.

Ironically my starter went to **** the next morning after I got back! It was exactly 600 miles when I pulled into the driveway.

I'm never going back to that ****ing venue again! On their site they were advertising beer being $5. It was $9. I've never in my life got two beers, paid with a $20 and only got $2 back. I was told by two people that from the hotel I was staying at that most people walked because it was only 1/4 mile. It was 2 1/2 miles! I'm hurting but it's because of the walking and long sitting. When I got to the gate I had asked who was on stage. The guy replied "they all sound like crap because they don't believe in God". Hey jackass I didn't ask you what your religious beliefs were, or what kind of lame *** music you listen to. Regardless that Dave, Dave, and Tom are all Catholic. http://www.ricehatersclub.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/doh.gif It's not like anyone is forcing you to work there. If you don't like it get a new job at a gas station or something.

I got my starter in which luckily I found the receipt and got it warrantied. I forgot how fun that top bolt is... I'm getting too old to be working on **** on the ground. I need to get a lift. I threw my back out again. The chick at the chimopractor office was like what happened. I said "Slayer concert". She was like "you like that stuff" to which I said "they've been my favorite band since I was 13. You're never going to meet the guy that was like "I was really into Slayer for one summer but it's just not me". No you're going to meet the guy that has Slayer carved across both of his arms. So when the doctor came in he said "Slayer concert...". I didn't think she'd write it down. http://www.ricehatersclub.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/lol.gif So he asked about the concert and I told him the Dave story. Everyone thinks that's shocking (because it is). Then the chimopractor told me that when he was in chimopractor college he was at a strip bar and met Mustaine. He said that he had him sign a case of beer. http://www.ricehatersclub.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/lol.gif

I always said that Slayer is a verb not a noun. There was this dude at the concert that just fell down. I looked back after a few minutes, and he was still down. I told the security that he was down. He Slayered too much. http://www.ricehatersclub.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/lol.gif But anywho, I Slayered too much and the next morning I felt like ****! I went to get gas and the lady had asked something along the lines of how I was doing. I said "I feel like ****, but thanks for asking". The other lady then pointed at my shirt and said "ohhhh, Slayer". :LOl:

Jeff Hanneman once said "***** and Slayer concerts are the two greatest things on the planet" I got the worst of both worlds monday night... Even with that being said I plan on making it to Cali to see them again. This time with Megadeth and Anthrax. I'm a pretty big anthrax fan.

This is what I posted on RHC....

kingrobdun
September 6th, 2010, 05:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUDWLp1yIWw Raining Blood FTW!

Off Topic
September 6th, 2010, 05:10 AM
I'd assume Tom. Don't knock Slayer tho! Jeff, Kerry, and Dave still kicked ***!

I love Slayer, their live show is flat.

giddyup306
September 6th, 2010, 05:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUDWLp1yIWw Raining Blood FTW!

Trippy I thought I was quoting a Dream Theater post..

Anywho, John Petrucci is an AMAZING guitarist. I up there with Yingwie (or however you spell it).

kingrobdun
September 6th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Anywho, John Petrucci is an AMAZING guitarist.
+1 He is Amazing.

giddyup306
September 6th, 2010, 05:28 AM
I love Slayer, their live show is flat.

I'll agree with you on that. Tom is done. Kerry was talking about playing with Zakk Wylde.

I'll tell you who puts on a GREAT show. Kreator. I was in the pits when they played this jam.

It's no joke. He plays like this. I saw them in Oklahoma City with a crowd of probably no more than 200 people. Millie is by far the most underrated rhythm metal guitarist of all time! This video does no justice, but I was in the pits when he did the intro scream..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMbS0u6kuUY

\m/\m/

giddyup306
September 6th, 2010, 05:30 AM
+1 He is Amazing.

I watched his master class video. I will never be half as good as he is. :/

juancarlospaco
September 6th, 2010, 07:56 AM
http://blog.invisiblecreature.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/metal_fan.jpg

speedwell68
September 6th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I've seen Megadeth twice and Slayer twice. Both were awesome on each occassion. There is something inside me that would really want to see Dave Mustaine front Slayer, it has the potential of being really great or really ****.