PDA

View Full Version : New fresh ubuntu arrived to my mailbox!

Shaga
February 16th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I was simply doing some computer managing at my work and decided to install windows xp on my work computer. I hate xp but at least programs what we use at work works with that. I had a break and look through my mail and there it was!

Bag with full of ubuntu cds, 10x x64 and 10x x86. I have started already spreading them and after windows xp stops installation on my work computer, I'll reboot and replace it with ubuntu.

Nice suprise, it took 1 month to arrive but I think it was worth waiting. When I decided to order some copies, I thought that I'm not downloading/installing ubuntu before I have it as a official cd :)

Now it's time. Thanks! :-\"

JsPr
February 16th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I don't know why but I just copied your signature!
:-)

Shaga
February 16th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Whats root password for fresh ubuntu installation? ](*,)

JsPr
February 16th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Whats root password for fresh ubuntu installation? ](*,)

No password. You have to use sudo before the command or sudo -s to get the root console (your own password).
It is possible to "activate" the root user if you wish.

Shaga
February 16th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Okay, thanks..

poofyhairguy
February 16th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Now it's time. Thanks! :-\"

Have fun.

http://ubuntuguide.org/

Shaga
February 17th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I had some serious problems with my home computer, problem was with pci-express and nvidia. X didn't start at all, hang before nvidia logo(I haven't got it yet to work).

Now I'm at work, running ubuntu nice and clean on this computer. I'm now installing(read:trying:wink: ) 6 isa drivers. At least looking for a way to.

Feels great, only thing with my own computer made me wonder, I chose finnish installation and some texts(like installing ubuntu) were in swedish. I downloaded lynx with apt-get and it was in swedish as well. Now using english, which I prefer.

I and my friend tried live cd and it felt great, after putting network settings in order, none of the programs(for example, firefox) didn't start after that.

Shaga
February 17th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I had some serious problems with my home computer, problem was with pci-express and nvidia. X didn't start at all, hang before nvidia logo(I haven't got it yet to work).

Now I'm at work, running ubuntu nice and clean on this computer. I'm now installing(read:trying:wink: ) 6 isa drivers. At least looking for a way to.

Feels great, only thing with my own computer made me wonder, I chose finnish installation and some texts(like installing ubuntu) were in swedish. I downloaded lynx with apt-get and it was in swedish as well. Now using english, which I prefer.

I and my friend tried live cd and it felt great, after putting network settings in order, none of the programs(for example, firefox) didn't start after that.
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1805.html
helped with sb 16 isa.

miho
February 17th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I'm glad you like Ubuntu, sadly I'm switching to Slackware tomorrow. :-|

Shaga
February 17th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I'm glad you like Ubuntu, sadly I'm switching to Slackware tomorrow. :-|
Mind sharing a reason? :(