PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Cracks and DRM

WhatAreHackers
September 5th, 2010, 05:23 AM
in my honest opinion, i truly loathe warez or cracks or anything not legal and especially Digital Rights Management but hey that's just me. A few questions really, not sure if they're breaking the rules of the forums or not but here i go... How do Starcraft:Broodwar servers accept users? (non-)legit? compared to Valve's counter strike 1.6?? (side note: servers made by the users using steam, has an option of having both types.) .... secondly, is it me or is personal computer games dead, or... that it was always dead? It Seems that developers fighting against piracy either try fighting for days, months, years, then eventually gives up. which leads me to this... DO YOU THINK Digital Rights Management IS THE FUTURE OF PC GAMES? ~~from a heartbroken, bittered personal computerc gamer. EDIT: no i wll not get an xbox360/play station 3, no ty(if anyone wants to suggest it) EDIT AGAIN:I'm not changing any more, i don't care if i missed anything more, i'm not gonna edit more.

Sef
September 5th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Moved to the Community Cafe.

Dustin2128
September 5th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I'll respond to that after you've cleaned up that hideous text language!

linux18
September 5th, 2010, 06:27 AM
i'll respond to that after you've cleaned up that hideous text language!
+1

Dustin2128
September 5th, 2010, 06:58 AM
after sifting through that affront to grammar, I'm going to say that PC gaming is here to stay and DRM will either be eliminated or put in a much less invasive and evil form, something like what steam does. For instance, I give my user/pass to a friend, he can play all my games but not at the same time I'm logged on. Personally I'd prefer no DRM at all, but that's not too bad. Anyway, the reason its here to stay is because PC beats console for the huge audience you can reach without having to rewrite the game for 3 separate platforms, not to mention the superior power you can utilize with a higher end graphics card. Simply put, nVidia geforce GTX 480 > Playstation 3. Please respond in english :)

WhatAreHackers
September 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM
after sifting through that affront to grammar, I'm going to say that PC gaming is here to stay and DRM will either be eliminated or put in a much less invasive and evil form, something like what steam does. For instance, I give my user/pass to a friend, he can play all my games but not at the same time I'm logged on. Personally I'd prefer no DRM at all, but that's not too bad. Anyway, the reason its here to stay is because PC beats console for the huge audience you can reach without having to rewrite the game for 3 separate platforms, not to mention the superior power you can utilize with a higher end graphics card. Simply put, nVidia geforce GTX 480 > Playstation 3. Please respond in english :)

Mmmm, Kay,i'm already, i rather not reread what i wrote, but. I rather, not think about grammar, because i had English for summer school, and it's technically the summer still for me, so i rather not care about grammar or splelling. What's the difference between the servers of Starcraft:Brood War and Counter Strike 1.6 servers, and how they allow legitimate clients, and cracked. I'm still very tired don't care not changing anything about this and i don't really care about changing anything.

sandyd
September 5th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Mmmm, Kay,i'm already, i rather not reread what i wrote, but. I rather, not think about grammar, because i had English for summer school, and it's technically the summer still for me, so i rather not care about grammar or splelling. What's the difference between the servers of Starcraft:Brood War and Counter Strike 1.6 servers, and how they allow legitimate clients, and cracked. I'm still very tired don't care not changing anything about this and i don't really care about changing anything.
easy. you can turn off the legitimate client check in CS 1.6.
how I know? Ive done it before.