PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Problem Installing Kubuntu 10.04 from LIVE CD

jneville87
September 5th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Hey im having a problem installing Kubuntu on my machine. I have 1 HD not partitioned with Win7 on it. I want to totally get rid of it and ONLY have Kubuntu on it. I tried ubuntu for awhile and want to go to Kubuntu :)

so I downloaded the correct 32 bit version, burned the iso to disk, verified everything was ok and began installation. My problem occurs when i get to the splash screen, it says Kubuntu with dots underneath it, they blink and the cd sounds as if it is being read. but evry time it freezes. I tried typing in,
" ....... noacpi nolacpi -- " to the install command line - still froze

the computer im trying to install it on is a HP DV6000 im in Canada so its a Cnd Version.
Any help would be greatly appreciate.... i hate Windows....

kmsalex
September 5th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Try the alternate install cd , maby what ever is freezing the system is just some small bug related to your hardware in the gui install.

jneville87
September 5th, 2010, 05:13 AM
ok, im going through the process of downloading/burning the alternate now. i will post back after with the results.

jneville87
September 5th, 2010, 05:41 AM
After dealing with the Alternative, it did not work.

My computer did not recognize the iso on bootup, when i mounted and checked out the file in windows, the extensions for some of the files are " file " and my computer doesnt have a default program to open these with. and the alternative doesnt have the wusubi stuff on it.

i am going to download the dvd version and try it.

any other suggestions?

jneville87
September 5th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Hey i actually got the alternative CD to run.... it took me through the process, partitioned my drive.. next step is.. "Install Base System " .... and it came up with "could not download shadow : login "
"could not download shadow : password "

and then a few more errors at the end of this process and came up with Unable to Install Base System. So now im stuck with a OS-less laptop for the time being. I have another computer, and windows cd's and all sorts of crap so im not worrying - i just really dnt want to have to put windows back on. I am hoping to get KUBUNTU finally working!!!!

so any suggestions with what went wrong??